ive been listening to the beatles for hours

i do like them ... and i like the stones.

the music was well made, even if not everyone's taste, they were musicians in their way.

many people today cannot sing or play their instruments. a lot of today's music is totally overestimated.

Not generalising here of course :)

lol.

we have to agree to differ, i will have this same 'disscussion' with my beatle loving brother on christmas day i expect. ha ha

you beatle lovers are very passionate about ringo paul george and ............the other one.

lol, im sorry you have to have the same conversation over and over and over.

i do like them ... and i like the stones.

the music was well made, even if not everyone's taste, they were musicians in their way.

many people today cannot sing or play their instruments. a lot of today's music is totally overestimated.

Not generalising here of course :)

i saw a beatles cover band one night and aside from the fact that they were bad musicians, the bass player told me he didnt like "ob-la-di ob-la-da" when i requested they play it.....as if i had asked his opinion of the song.

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but their influence in rock music cannot be overlooked.

However, I do believe that The White Album is one of the greatest rock albums over made.

I always thought the 'Stones were better :mrgreen:

There were. Caps, bold and underline WERE. To see them today, a waste of time, money and effort. I am a big fan of what is now called Classic Rock. The only artists of that (my) era worth my money, are Zepplin and Clapton. Eric is a near god in our home. :hail:

There were. Caps, bold and underline WERE. To see them today, a waste of time, money and effort.

But they still have young sexy groupies ;)

I am a big fan of what is now called Classic Rock. The only artists of that (my) era worth my money, are Zepplin and Clapton. Eric is a near god in our home. :hail:

Led Zeppelin, definitely! :)

So what do you guys think about The Who, The Doors, and all those The-bands? ;)

Hmm... anyone still remember Phil Lynnot and Gary Moore?

on which album by gary moore was "really gonna rock tonight"

i saw a beatles cover band one night and aside from the fact that they were bad musicians, the bass player told me he didnt like "ob-la-di ob-la-da" when i requested they play it.....as if i had asked his opinion of the song.

John Lennon hated this song aswell. I think he said it was the worst song the Beatles ever wrote. No reason why you shouldn't like it of course :)

I like the Beatles and the Stones but there is nothing worse than an ageing rocker still trying to be cool. Paul McCartney is the worst offender for that.

I've been playing the song Let it be a lot lately. But Rocky Raccoon is my favorite. It's the ultimate sing along when the crew gets a little tipsy around the camp fire and it comes on the mix playlist

Paul McCartney is the worst offender for that.
I disagree. He's still an excellent songwriter, as his most recent album shows. (note my signature) I hope he continues to write and perform.

Spiffybeth, you have good taste in music! :thumbup:

A waste of time, feeling you have to defend the Beatles to anyone these days. Real music lovers and actual musicians will always 'get it'. ;) No need to argue with anyone who simply doesn't know better - everyone has an opinion, right? :mrgreen:

Denying the Beatles had an impact on music is like saying Rock n Roll never existed. They were a band that proved they could evolve, just look at the style from their first album to their last, all the changes.

ck

christopherknittel.blogspot.com

Most reactions

Back