ive been listening to the beatles for hours

Hmm... anyone still remember Phil Lynnot and Gary Moore?

Now that's two names that don't get tossed around nearly enough. I am a huge fan of live music and particularly the Blues.

Gary Moore put out one of my top five live blues albums ever - Blues Alive. If you love a searing guitar backed up with a helluva rhythym section and a horn section that can't be beat, pick up that album.

Phil Lynnot was one of the greatest bassist R&R has ever heard. Think I'm full of it? Listen to Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous album and then tell me differently.

Forgot to quote you Hertz, but Frank Zappa and the Mothers (were at the best place around) were probably the tightest band that most people never heard. Zappa is likely to have been one of the most prolific, socially conscience, funny and in your face song writers ever. IMO.

And I am a Beatles fan.

Its a dirty story...

of a dirty man and his clinging wife doesn't understand.

Not sure what you are trying to say in your original post. Of course their music was super influential. I think modern music is much better then what was laid down in the 70's. Look at bands like RadioHead and Tool. AND Led Zeppelin just pulled off an amazing show in London. So there is that.

As you know I listen to Drum and Bass. I gave up my rock and roll roots a long time ago.

Love & Bass

I disagree. He's still an excellent songwriter, as his most recent album shows. (note my signature) I hope he continues to write and perform.

don't get me wrong, he's wrote some of the best loved songs of all time. i just think he's past his best now. I thought this last album of his was poor

Didn't McCartney write The Frog Song? Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'excellent' :lmao:
He wrote "Temporary Secretary", as well... :lol: :puke:

I would never claim him to be a perfect songwriter. But, excellent? I'll take a few misses in with all the hits. And allow for the fact that someone of his stature gets things recorded that should never see the light of day. ;)

He still writes and records excellent music. Check out the new record and decide for yourself!

I always thought George was the real talent.
Paul could write a good tune (except when he was with Wings).
John was the wordsmith.
Ringo was... Ringo.

Paul wasn't really the brain, let's put it this way ;)

Always loved the Beatles, and always will. Not for what they did for music, but for some of the catchy tunes they wrote. Our band used to do a cover of Helter Skelter, and it was one of the more popular songs we had in our set.
I would rather listen to the beatles:thumbup::thumbup: than most of the garb they toss at us on the radio today.

I would rather listen to the beatles:thumbup::thumbup: than most of the garb they toss at us on the radio today.

amen chiller!

The radio stations in my neck of the woods are so lame that I have gotten to the point that the only radio I listen to is NPR and a Friday Blues show at one of our local colleges Shaw University. It is a historically black college and they really go deep in the music they play. Pretty damn good Jazz as well. Apart form that, if I want to listen to music, I play with myself.

errr...mmmm...I play my own music.

Try going here!
You can listen to it on line using the BBC Radio Player.
Late Junction is just about the only radio program I listen to. A wonderful mix of music.
You'll hear some weird stuff and some crap stuff but you will also hear a lot that will get you album hunting.

Wow! you have been listening to the beatles for a couple of hours?
I love The Beatles they make good music that doesn't get old with time. Rock On!

Beatles, Beatles, and More Beatles.
And for good measure, throw in some Zepplin, and Tull.
*lights bic lighter and flings hair around*

Never cared much for the Stones. Mick was a hottie, but I never got into the music.
Robert Plant though.....now HE was not only a white hot hottie, but could make a girl have to go to confession.
Man I wish I could have gone to the show in London....but so did a few million other folks. I heard they were getting 16,000 US for tickets. Worth every penny I'm sure.

I saw Tull a few years back, and they are STILL Killer. I can't believe Ian can still get away with wearing leggings. LOL

But the Beatles still rule. :)

Most reactions

Back