I've Separated My Work (+ new website)

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I'm trying to focus my business on weddings now, I've decided to separate my work, so that my main website and social media platforms are focused on weddings. I want clients to see that I appear to specialize, so that I can book higher quality, and more frequent weddings.

So, now, www.daryllmorgan.com is dedicated mostly to weddings.

However, there's no way I can stop creating and sharing my creative work so I've created a new website and new social media platforms for that work, called Daryll Morgan Arts. Here's the website - www.daryllmorganarts.com. (social media links are available on the site, as well). It's a site and platform that I feel more free to be myself, without having to censor myself for professional gigs. That said, I do still have an image to uphold, in case clients do find this site, but it will be a lot more relaxed.

The only question is now... where do I put work that doesn't fall into weddings, or creative? Like corporate events, headshots, etc. I'm thinking I can probably put headshots on my new site, and maybe get rid of the "nerd" from my slogan. But until I figure something out, I'm putting galleries for corporate gigs on my main site, just with hidden links.

I like your wedding splash page. You're right -- it makes it super clear that you want to be a wedding photographer, and I think the photos you've posted are great and show a wide range of situations.

That other question is tough...how much corporate/headshot work are you doing now? How have your previous customers found you? Is it a referral business?

I like your wedding splash page. You're right -- it makes it super clear that you want to be a wedding photographer, and I think the photos you've posted are great and show a wide range of situations.

That other question is tough...how much corporate/headshot work are you doing now? How have your previous customers found you? Is it a referral business?

Thanks!

Yeah the corporate clients are from referrals and repeat clients, and some from Craigslist. Headshots are usually from Facebook (friends, and people in FB groups) and Craigslist.

Yeah, the people/wedding splash page does look very nice, and shows ethnic diversity, which is a plus. Different "types" of weddings too. I like it more than the last page of yours that I viewed about a month back, I guess it was.

Addendum: I looked at Daryllmorganarts.com. Wow, some good shots in the cosplay section! Some of those I might think about moving up, closer to the start.

You've come a long ways since you first started here!

Last edited:
Yeah, the people/wedding splash page does look very nice, and shows ethnic diversity, which is a plus. Different "types" of weddings too. I like it more than the last page of yours that I viewed about a month back, I guess it was.

Addendum: I looked at Daryllmorganarts.com. Wow, some good shots in the cosplay section! Some of those I might think about moving up, closer to the start.

You've come a long ways since you first started here!

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, and I owe a lot of my success and growth to this forum :)

If you focus on wedding only, why not DMG-Wedding.com ?
You will have advantage in google search when people search for wedding

If you focus on wedding only, why not DMG-Wedding.com ?
You will have advantage in google search when people search for wedding

Because I've already got decent SEO with daryllmorgan.com, so I wanted to take advantage of that.

Daryl Morgan Studios should cover everything that's not wedding related. :)

Hmm... I kinda like that, actually. Not too late, I suppose, to change domain name. What do you think of Daryll Morgan Arts?

Hmm... I kinda like that, actually. Not too late, I suppose, to change domain name. What do you think of Daryll Morgan Arts?

The "Studios" name has the potential for you to have a team working for you in the future, outside of your main brand (like an associate team that you can send out instead of you being there). The "Arts" version is a bit limited.

Years ago, I real a book written by a pretty successful photographer. One of the things I recall most about the book was his suggestion that you do as he did, and follow in his footsteps, and add the word Studios, plural, to your business name. He was of the opinion that the word "Studios", made potential clients think of multiple studios, of a business concern that might even be multi-city, or multi-state.

In one way, the word "Arts" might be construed as, well...hippy-dippy, or artsy-fartsy, or some other type of pejoratively-envisioned thing; on the other hand, the word "Studios" to me has a business-like quality associated with it.

I really think you ought to listen to Vtec's advice on this D.M. Studios idea...

It's not bad. But the way that page is being used right now, photography only makes up a third of what I'm doing there. It's also for illustrations, and my own modeling, acting, and cosplay.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back