A few I like from last Thursday.
ivy-1.jpg

ivy-5.jpg

ivy-9.jpg

ivy-14.jpg

ivy-15.jpg

ivy-16.jpg

Very nice! I really like your style!!

Wow. The fourth is awesome. Well lit and well done.

Nice! I like the lighting too. Maybe just a small note on the 1st image about the shadow from the hand running across model's face, I find it a bit distracting. :)

Great shots (again)! I really love the use of green in 1-3, though I will admit the shadow on her face makes it look like she has a 5 o'clock shadow. What lens did you shoot these with?

Great shots (again)! I really love the use of green in 1-3, though I will admit the shadow on her face makes it look like she has a 5 o'clock shadow. What lens did you shoot these with?

Thanks for the feedback. I know a few people have mentioned the shadow, but it doesn't really bother me. I like the way it helps to highlight the eyes, but that's just my take. I'm sucked in by how well the setting worked out and kind of overlook that detail I guess. I thought the ivy might be cool, but the results were better than expected.

I shot with a variety of lenses. The first few with fabric were shot with a Canon 10-22 and all three were at 20mm I think. Shot 4 was at 70mm on a 70-200 (the 4L non IS version) and the last 2 were done with the cheapo 50mm 1.8.

Number five stands out the most. It is simple, and I like the wardrobe choice.

I find the scarf in the first three distracting, and it doesnt seem to match the clothing or mood here? Something about it seems odd to me.

I like the lighting and tones in all of them though.

Nice! I like the lighting too. Maybe just a small note on the 1st image about the shadow from the hand running across model's face, I find it a bit distracting. :)

I agree. What was the lighting setup?

I like #4 the best.

Thanks for sharing!

What was the lighting setup?

I like #4 the best.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone for the comments. You guys always give me something to think about.

@cnutco
Lighting was a single strobe plugged into a vagabond mini and an assistant holding a 5' reflector. I had the strobe mounted with a strip box and 2" grid that I would rotate to match the angle of the model. I took a few available light shots and I cannot remember if number 4 was one of those, but looking at the ivy I think that is artificial light there.

I find the scarf in the first three distracting, and it doesnt seem to match the clothing or mood here? Something about it seems odd to me.

I like the lighting and tones in all of them though.

Thanks for your thoughts. The fabric does go better with more formal wear, but this dress was the best match we had for the setting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back