J*O*C*O*S*E ---> you are Member of the Week (MOTW)!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesssss.
At long last.
You were much higher up in the list, but since you were not around much in the past, I decided on others to be our MOTW, but now you are back - and now ...

... the time has come!

For you to answer to ALL our questions.
To be totally honest.
To photograph every silly little thing we ask you to photograph for us!

This is the deal, man!
This is the deal!!!

So take a photo of your left hand.
And one of your kitchen.
And one of the tap in your bathroom.
And a photo of your front door.
And one of the tree in front of your house.

And the classic MOTW-photo (you will know what that is).

And then tell us:

How old are you?
Are you married or single?
Do you still go to school, college, uni?

What is the meaning of your avatar?

What do the letters NASA stand for :)wink: ) - as if we didn't know, but come up with something more creative !?!

Does this anagramme still hold a meaning for you?

Explain "vaudeville" to me :)oops: ).

Do you have a pet?
If so, what is its name?
Does it still have all its legs? (After duncanp's reply to this question I became a little apprehensive... :roll: )

You have won a Readers Digest subscription competition and in the first issue you receive is contained an article on DIY brain surgery. This interests you and you'd like to learn more. Provide an Amazon link to first book you find when searching for a book on the subject.

Show us a photograph of your first attempt at the above.

What interests you about the creative writing process?

Take a photograph of your favourite armchair

Tell us about your worst or funniest or weirdest dating experience (assuming it wasn't anyone on this forum).

I think you have fish ... what's the most exotic one you've got?

Make up a limerick using the word "write".

No. This one did not work out, so I now leave him up until he notices that he is MOTW. I thought it would be a good idea to FINALLY give him the chance (his name was MUCH higher up in the list but I never chose him because he was never here), so when he showed up, I jumped at the chance - in vain :(.

Maybe I e-mail him about it and also let him know that this is his second week already (and "last chance"? ;))

We wait.
Ask away until then so he has all Thursday covered with answering our questions :biggrin:

How many mosquito bites have you had throughout this year so far?
Do mosquito bites bother you much?
How do you treat them?

What happened to your internet?
Did you finish that story on the fish?

erm...what the hell is this? Did I sign up for it? I have no recollection. Oh, well...I shall play nonetheless.

With one caveat, however. I'm currently in Boston on business...there is a huge annual legislative conference and NASA has an exhibit, so I've been sans internet. I'm stealing it from our booth at the mo as it's not yet 9 and the floor hasn't yet opened.

Since I'm Jo Cose and special, if I can get a little extra time, I'll do my best this weekend to answer questions and post pics.

In the meantime...

Yesssss.
At long last.
You were much higher up in the list, but since you were not around much in the past, I decided on others to be our MOTW, but now you are back - and now ...

... the time has come!

For you to answer to ALL our questions.
To be totally honest.
To photograph every silly little thing we ask you to photograph for us!

This is the deal, man!
This is the deal!!!

So take a photo of your left hand.
And one of your kitchen.
And one of the tap in your bathroom.
And a photo of your front door.
And one of the tree in front of your house.

And the classic MOTW-photo (you will know what that is).

And then tell us:

How old are you?
Are you married or single?
Do you still go to school, college, uni?

What is the meaning of your avatar?

What do the letters NASA stand for :)wink: ) - as if we didn't know, but come up with something more creative !?!

Does this anagramme still hold a meaning for you?

Explain "vaudeville" to me :)oops: ).

Do you have a pet?
If so, what is its name?
Does it still have all its legs? (After duncanp's reply to this question I became a little apprehensive... :roll: )

As I said above, I'll get to the pics over the weekend (I have no idea what the classic MOTW pic is, so could someone please tell me?).

My age? I'm *cough cough* years old, and act much younger.

I am not married, but not single...I've been seeing a nice, cute, and fun Israeli chick for about 4 months now (Hertzy, please don't piss her off if you meet her :lol: )

I am not in school, but a friend is trying to convince me to get some sort of certification, so that may put me back in the "academic" setting.

The avatar goes back to the beginning of my sojourn here at TPF...I was looking for a cool avatar and when a photog who is no longer here found out I worked for NASA, he made a joke about space monkeys, I found a pic of the monkey with the "pumpkin" suit and posted. About a year later, we went through a "use your fav beer" avatar phase, and Rob (is Rob still around?) edited my monkey so he was drinking a guinness. It's still up, and with the recent news, I suppose it's even more apropos.

NASA = Not Another Stupid Acronym

Not sure which anagram you mean??

Vaudeville was a genre of popular theatre that was popular in the 19th century. In England and on the Continent, it was also referred to as music-hall. It's great grandchild is still around in such shows as Saturday Night Live, In Living Color (which is gone now), and MAD TV (which I believe it also gone). If you know these sketch comedy shows, then you get a pretty good idea of what vaude was like...it was about 8-10 "turns" which could range from dancing dogs to whistling horses to trapeze artists to strongmen (whooo-hooo strongmen) even to one of my faves, Lurline the Water Queen, who would get into a huge tank of water and hold her breath beneath the surface for over 2 minutes (it was more likely her skimpy--for that era--bathing suit and wet body that made her a star than her talent of holding her breath).

I do have some fish...do they count as pets? They have no names, and they have no feet.

THE typical MOTW-photo is the inside of your fridge!
But it seems like you are not anywhere near your fridge right now?
But you will be on the weekend?
And then you will take all the funny photos for us?

And yes, you get granted some more time. I miscalculated. I thought you'd be and stay a little ... and you are on the list (you can check the list here_-_Post_7 )

How far is the moon from the earth?

Does the Space Shuttle get free HBO?

Coffee, Tea or Cola?

Decaf or Regular?

Pop, soda or coke?

Fav color?

You have won a Readers Digest subscription competition and in the first issue you receive is contained an article on DIY brain surgery. This interests you and you'd like to learn more. Provide an Amazon link to first book you find when searching for a book on the subject.

Show us a photograph of your first attempt at the above.

What interests you about the creative writing process?

Take a photograph of your favourite armchair

Chris, I'm not sure I get your question...do you want a real link like this for [ame="http://www.amazon.com/yourself-brain-surgery-other-skills/dp/0891042644/ref=sr_1_1/104-9064758-0785516?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186682886&sr=8-1"]Do-It-Yourself Brain Surgery & Other Home Skills[/ame], or did you want me to come up with a clever title like How to Make Yourself Drool in 10 Minutes: Self Surgery and the Art of Lobotomy

I think the most interesting thing about creative writing is the ability to create entire people, worlds, and universes that don't really exist. Any story that can sweep you up and make you feel like you are living it, is a great story. There is something magical about being able to escape into a book. Sadly, I am not a very good creative writer...my training is in historical, academic writing...but I'm trying to change that with The Dueling Quill.

I don't have an arm chair, but I do have a chair leg.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back