James Nachtwey Doco

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I rented a documentary last night, and only just finished watching it, called 'War Photographer' - a documentary on James Nachtwey and his work.

I found it very insightful into the man himself and the work he does. A couple of times I was close to tears when he was on location and photographing subjects, some mourning the death of a family member to this machine called war.

It's not a 'new release' movie, rather I found it by accident whilst looking for another movie in the 'weekly rentals' section at my local Rogers Video. If you havent seen it yet, I recommend getting it :thumbsup:

Jim is a very humble man and he's one of those ppl I would be honoured to meet in my lifetime.... he's truly inspiring not just as a photographer but as a human being.

I don't know if I could be a war photographer but, oh, to capture humanity in photographs the way he does .....!

EDIT: In case anyone needed more info on the movie, it's made by the filmmaker Christian Frei.

Yes, its a really nice documentary. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd love to see that some time.
I've seen other docs/interviews with war photogs and they all seem to have been humbled by their choice of career if they weren't humble to begin with. It's not for the faint of heart but it certainly helps if you have a heart.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back