James

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is James, a very nice homeless man I met in Galveston. He talked to me for about 20 minutes about growing up in Chicago, and about Italy and all the other places he visited while in the military. He let me take as many pictures as I wanted, and I promised him a few bucks, but I had left my wallet in my car. I told him I'd be right back... I later realized that I had lost my keys entirely. I never did get him what I had promised... :(

DSC_7072CPsmall.jpg

The blue bothers me I don't know, there's something wrong with itand maybe if the man had another position.... I don't know I like the idea but I have a problem with the photo.

I kind of like the picture, but my eyes get distracted by the colour on his legs and all the little signs and commercials in the back.

I do like the fact that you actually took the time to have a chat with him, instead of just taking a picture from a distance and run off.

I personally really liked the blue cross-processed look because it gave the photo a tinge of sadness, which is what I was going for. *shrugs* That's just my personal opinion, though. I'd be curious to see what others thought of the effect.

it's showing him in his natural state and surroundings, which is a good thing to go for, and you hit it. i'm more of one to like natural colors, but i can see what you were going for with the post processing. i also think it's great that you talked to him and mentioned it, it's more personal. nice one scott :thumbsup:

I like the processing that you've done Scott! It definitely works with the mood you were trying to convey, it's not the typical street shot that you see either and I think it's great for that reason as well. Normally a shot like this would typically be in black and white, so I really enjoy that you've done something different and IMO it really works here :) Love the shadow as well :)

Most reactions

Back