yes 'my' image is a bit dark. but hey, thanks for taking the time to critique the other two images someone else posted in my thread. it's good to know everyone's paying attention
I could have taken the above comments harshly, but I didn't. I see it as an 'attack' made in jest. That's all. If I was a different person, I could have taken it as a harsh statement on what was a simple mistake on my part (thinking someone else's pic was yours). But, I didn't. (Looking back on it, though, I wonder if I
should have taken it seriously, as a serious attack. It could easily be read as a demeaning comment.)
My comment, in turn, was meant to be similar. Perhaps I should have placed a smiley after it. Perhaps that would have made all the difference. I don't know. What I do know is that I am shocked by the warnings that have followed and their nature.
Please know that my comment was NOT meant to sound like a serious attack. I was simply playing along with what I perceived to be friendly, sometimes crude banter. Again, perhaps I should have used a smiley.
As I've explained already in a letter to MDowdey, it seems to me that attacks made in jest are very much a part of the TPF culture...
"I have read many, many, many posts in this forum in which members have 'attacked' one another in jest. It seems very clear that name-calling, friendly attacks, etc. are very much a part of this forum's culture...This was my intention...the comments were given in jest, following what I saw as a precedent set by other, well-established members."
Whatever the reason, I apologize for my part of the misunderstanding. However, I also feel the need to say that I am getting a bit angry, the more I think about this. It seems there is a core group here (that includes both established
and newer members) in which banter, jesting, sexual innuendos and, yes, attacks are accepted. I suppose for the rest of us, this is not tolerated.
In every other post I've made, I have tried to make helpful comments. Please see for yourself. I believe I have been a good, positive member, despite my inexperience with photography. If one comment has nullified all that and given me a mark on my reputation, so be it. I am not in control here. However, it does leave me feeling frustrated and questioning what is acceptable and what is not. From now on, I will keep my comments benign, simple, and as humorless as possible.
Again, my comments were not meant to be serious. All apologies, JonMikal.
Here's a smiley to help clarify if anything I've said here, once again, has been mistaken: :banghead:
MM