Job?

History student, although I spend Sundays and occasionally weekdays "pumping gas" as they say (which would be inaccurate since all I do is press buttons and take people's money) - you can tell I'm really going places in this career :mrgreen: but it's 2 minutes walk down the road and laughably easy work so I do it. Used to work in a supermarket until one day a customer approached me and said "I'm looking for Tahini... I don't suppose you know what that is, do you?". "Of course," I replied, "it's what pretentious yuppies eat". I think he was too shocked to report me, but I quit anyway out of soul-destroying boredom. Two weeks into the new job and a guy saw me writing down his registration number, and asked me if I was aware of the Data Protection Act. I recited the principal parts of said act from memory, explained why I was completely justified in taking his number, and wished him a nice day :thumbsup: The point of all this? There's plenty of job satisfaction to be found in low-pay retail and service work :mrgreen:.

I like people, really I do :wink:

Photography? Well, it's a way to waste the student loan and avoid doing work... that and attempting to find a half-decent Guinness somewhere in London.

Most reactions

Back