What's new

Johnnie Walker Red Label

Joined
Jun 8, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
764
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't really ever shot products before so I wanted to give it a go today. Took a while to figure out an ok lighting set up with two strobes but I feel like a third light on the back drop could have helped out. Any other thoughts or ideas on how to improve?

Untitled by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr
 
Would a tumbler containing some of the whisky and ice next to the bottle be too much of a cliché?
 
Nice pic, I think it's a great first try...much better than I would do.
The lighting seems a little dim, IMO. With the exception of the camera flash on the left side of the bottle, which is a little distracting.
Not sure what your path is, but if you take pics for actually selling a product, keep in mind label PERFECTION. There is a blemish in the paper label on the lower left side of the bottle.
 
Would a tumbler containing some of the whisky and ice next to the bottle be too much of a cliché?

If I had a nice glass I would have added one to the scene for sure but all I have are tall water glasses


Nice pic, I think it's a great first try...much better than I would do.
The lighting seems a little dim, IMO. With the exception of the camera flash on the left side of the bottle, which is a little distracting.
Not sure what your path is, but if you take pics for actually selling a product, keep in mind label PERFECTION. There is a blemish in the paper label on the lower left side of the bottle.

I was a little concerned with the tear in the label as well but didnt notice it until I was in post. I will have to make sure to pay attention to those little details in the future for sure. Maybe if the flash on camera left was more diffused it would look a bit better? Long story short, this was far from a professional looking set up haha. Used what I had

 
Would a tumbler containing some of the whisky and ice next to the bottle be too much of a cliché?

Also, if you do this, (which would be cool), you'll have to buy a second bottle for the pour...it wouldn't look good with liquid missing from the bottle. You could even buy or use a "well" whiskey that you wouldn't care about.
 
A white card (foam core board, etc.) just out of frame on the left might help define the left edge of the bottle a bit better. You'd need to position the board so it catches the reflection of the just where you want it on the bottle.
 
A white card (foam core board, etc.) just out of frame on the left might help define the left edge of the bottle a bit better. You'd need to position the board so it catches the reflection of the just where you want it on the bottle.

thank you! I will give this a try
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom