Join the Chamber?

ckphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need some input on whether I should join our city's Chamber. The purpose of me joining is to drum up business (weddings and business). The cost is low ($165) and my business would be the only photography business in the group.

Anyone else done this? What's your success?

I dont now if it's the same thing but here in the UK we have breakfast meetings for business people. Our group is a maximum of one person per trade/business. The fee is about the same as you mentioned. I have picked up more than enough work to justify the expence and I get loads of ideas from the members, so i would say go for it.

That really depends on the Chamber. However, it's hard to not benefit from networking with other business owners. It's to bad there's not another photography business involved. It can be very handy to have a mutual aid pact when the unexpected illness, accident crops up.

So, part of the value you get out of joining a C of C is relative to how much value you contribute to the Cof C.

Take a look at the membership list. Are there members that can refer business to you, such as bakeries that do wedding cakes, travel agents who arrange honeymoons, rental companies that supply tables and chairs for weddings, etc.? If so, join, then make alliances with these people to refer business to each other.

If there aren't any businesses that can refer to you, then it's up to you, but you really never know where a referral will come from. It may be worth it to try for a year. I do know that photographers that have joined my local chamber (Flagstaff, Arizona) have had some referrals, but not a constant supply of them.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Most reactions

Back