Joined recently...

philwms

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all. I joined the forum a few days ago and am looking forward to showing my photography work. I'm primarily an illustrator, which is how I make my living, but I've always used photography both for developing reference images for my illustration and portait work and as a way to experiment with compositional and color ideas. I've never sold a photo and do not really have that as a goal, but I have decided to begin showing my work, past and present ... the photos that I feel have an artistic life to them. My goal *is* to tell stories with the images, not to simply display a thing or object.

Over the last 45 years I've built and operated three darkrooms for my own use - reference imaging and personal work, but now I am completely digital and absolutely loving it. I've been using Photoshop professionally for about 12 years for my illustration work. Now I'm starting to use it for its native purpose, as a photography manipulation program.

looking forward to having some fun...

[edit]
Thought I'd add some of my favorite photographers...

Dianne Arbus
Gyula Brassai
Robert Capa
Dorthea Lange
Eadweard Muybridge
Arthur Fellig
Duane Michals

Hi Phil, welcome to TPF.

Welcome to the photo forum. I quickly went through your website and your illustrations are amazing pieces of work. :) Looking forward to seeing more from you+

Most reactions

New Topics

Back