What's new

Joshua Tree National Park

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
10,417
Reaction score
9
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Up late working on junk again. Thought I'd share this from last month.
780-0411j.jpg
 
There's a nice distribution of colours and textures across the shot. The blue (and white) flowers of the "dotty" foreground complement the orange of the rocks well. This looks like the kind of shot that looks like it will make a better print than screen image.

Regards, Tony
 
Beautiful, and I like this approach very much. Do you use a very slow exposure?
 
I like it. What lens are you using?
 
Just beautiful. I love the range of colors in this one.
 
There's a nice distribution of colours and textures across the shot. The blue (and white) flowers of the "dotty" foreground complement the orange of the rocks well. This looks like the kind of shot that looks like it will make a better print than screen image.

Regards, Tony

Thank you Tony. I'm hoping it does. The large prints I've had made of other pre-sunrise/post sunsets similar seem to have deep, rich colors that I like to see.

Beautiful, and I like this approach very much. Do you use a very slow exposure?

Thank you. Usually I go with the smallest aperture and slowest shutter. When the air is dead still I figure I have nothing but time.



Just beautiful. I love the range of colors in this one.

Thanks. This is one of those shots where I tried to use the color as the composition. The blue heliotrope (or phacelia?) being encircled by the white pincushion and flowing to the left. Helped by the green vegetation upper-mid-shot to the rock banner, backed by sort of an ambient, subtle, sunburst in the sky. Any other time, day or conditions, this shot wouldn't be as interesting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom