JPEG? or RAW?

In my mind, I figure the difference is akin to a film negative. Raw would be the negative and jpeg would be the print...I know this isn't exactly the correct distinction, but it works for me...raw is just unprocessed information...I guess a negative has already been processed...but still...

everyone seems to have an opinion on this.......for me, I tend to shoot in RAW - lossless format and i don't struggle for memory (despite the 25mb file sizes!).

TBH though, unless i'm planning on doing any pp i'd be just as happy to shot in Jpeg.

In my mind, I figure the difference is akin to a film negative. Raw would be the negative and jpeg would be the print...I know this isn't exactly the correct distinction, but it works for me...raw is just unprocessed information...I guess a negative has already been processed...but still...
Read the article! It's not long.

everyone seems to have an opinion on this.......for me, I tend to shoot in RAW - lossless format and i don't struggle for memory (despite the 25mb file sizes!).

TBH though, unless i'm planning on doing any pp i'd be just as happy to shot in Jpeg.

It's more about tool use.

Read the article, if you haven't already! It's not long.

great read Keith. I have never shot RAW but have been wanting to. Maybe once i can afford some software i will try it out.

Does anyone know if iPhoto on a Macbook can process RAW?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back