Julian showing his best side

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have never had to run after a toddler as much as I did yesterday during a mini session. When I walked away from the session I thought for sure every shot was going to come out blurry. Surprisingly I got a couple shots but I did not plan for all of them to be just of his left side :lol:

This is the first session shot 100% in manual mode. C&C is really wanted please.

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

Nice job on these! It might help to bring a bit more focus to your subject if you burn the edges just a touch.

Toddlers are often a lot of work to chase after, but its worth it when you get some nice shots. Looks like this little guy could charm anyone with just a glance.

Bravo for using Manual mode. Now, dont go back to using automatic. And if you shoot in RAW, you are on your way. You did great!

NJ

These pictures make me smile!! I love the expression on his face. The last one is my favorite!! His mom is going to love them! I would.

cute captures..nice expressions and comp, but i think they are all a little soft, amp up your contrast a bit, sharpen & brighten the eyes and you'll really have winners. I might suggest that because his outfit is a bit old fashioned, that the last 2 would loook great in an antique colour process. I would also add a vignette.
good job, you've come a long way baby!!

Nice job on these! It might help to bring a bit more focus to your subject if you burn the edges just a touch.

Toddlers are often a lot of work to chase after, but its worth it when you get some nice shots. Looks like this little guy could charm anyone with just a glance.

Bravo for using Manual mode. Now, dont go back to using automatic. And if you shoot in RAW, you are on your way. You did great!

NJ
when you say burn the edges do you mean use the burn tool in photoshop?

Julian is definitely a little charmer. We had tried to take some test valentine's photos as well but i don't think they came out as good at the others.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

I still need to get better with manual mode but i am at least in the right direction :) RAW is a whole new challenge.

cute captures..nice expressions and comp, but i think they are all a little soft, amp up your contrast a bit, sharpen & brighten the eyes and you'll really have winners. I might suggest that because his outfit is a bit old fashioned, that the last 2 would loook great in an antique colour process. I would also add a vignette.
good job, you've come a long way baby!!
thanks Kim. I will try this and repost later.

when you say burn the edges do you mean use the burn tool in photoshop?

Julian is definitely a little charmer. We had tried to take some test valentine's photos as well but i don't think they came out as good at the others.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

I still need to get better with manual mode but i am at least in the right direction :) RAW is a whole new challenge.

Hi Becky,

Yes, I mean use the Burn tool in photoshop. But be careful not to darken the faces of your subjects in the process. Be sure to burn the edges manually if you have to, if it helps you not interfere with the faces.

Nice try with the boy and girl there, but looks like they were too fast for the focus to catch up with them. ;)

Keep going. I cant wait to see more of your posts. :)

Hi Becky,

Yes, I mean use the Burn tool in photoshop. But be careful not to darken the faces of your subjects in the process. Be sure to burn the edges manually if you have to, if it helps you not interfere with the faces.

Nice try with the boy and girl there, but looks like they were too fast for the focus to catch up with them. ;)

Keep going. I cant wait to see more of your posts. :)
that is what i thought too which is why they were not part of my original post. at least i got a trial run for concept.

Absolutely!

Did you try toning down his sleeve in the last one? ...Maybe enhance the catch lights?

-Pete
thanks for the suggestion Pete. I didn't play with this photo much except adjust the levels, add a tiny bit of a vignette and blur to the outer edges. I really do like what you did with the sleeve and it helps balance the photo so much better. Thanks :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back