Just a Blab! I'm EXCITED!!!

ImageArray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
imagearray.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my son brought home a paper from his school regarding the local community center and it's fall program of activities. What was on it under *new* - A Photography Club! I was so uber excited to see this seeing as how I'm so new to photography and I'm currently taking a class on it, but I think a community club would be so much fun and I would learn a lot more than just what the course has to offer! I'm so excited about this and I can't wait for it to begin!!! Is anyone else in a photography club? What can I expect to get out of this? Oooooh! I can't wait! LOL!

I just started a photography club in school with three friends... None of which know a damn thing about photography, and don't seem too terribly enthused about learning. :er:

Who knows. We had our first meeting a week or two ago, and we meet every three weeks. Out of thirty or so people that showed up for the meeting ONE person knew even the smallest bit about photography, and that was a very small bit indeed. I'm excited to find out how everyone takes to my teachings, and nervous that I have to teach people! :lol: In the first two or three meetings I hope to be able to teach the students about photography, and why a 'good photo' is a good photo. After the boring stuff, the goal is to be able to do less teaching and a lot more sharing of each others' latest sets. Constructive criticism and hands on experience with someone who knows what they're doing is the best way MOST people learn that I've come across.

At the very least, it's an opportunity for me to pimp my own photography. ;) Maybe I'll have someone that wants me to do Senior Portraits or take photos of their cool new car in a badass location.

I haven't thought about a community photography club, though... I might have to look into what it would take to get one started, and how to get the news around town. In my fairly small semi-rural town it could be hit or miss though.

Melissa--the fake sky you dropped into the apple orchard shot looked great! You will probably enjoy a photography club and the connections it brings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back