Just a few pics

PureEvil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
androidarea51.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a few pictures today, none really turned out great but here are a few.

Pic 1 - Just some rocks in the water

DSCF0078.jpg

Pic 2 - Wanted to test the panorama option on the camera

DSCF0086.jpg

Pic 3 - B&W option

DSCF0089.jpg

I was mainly just testing out some of the options on the camera to see how they turned out.

Hope you enjoy them,
PureEvil

I like the first one best. It could be punched up a bit. but better than some of your previous posts.

While most digital cameras have the b&w option these days, I suggest you tried that once, but don't try it again: the results aren't usually up to expectations and it is wiser to convert photos into b&w in post - and not by just pushing the "desaturate" button, either (which is what the camera does for you when you choose that option). Often enough the photos stay all grey but aren't really black and white.

Having said that, I must say that a) I like how you chose only three of the photos you took to present us, how b) you numbered them, and how c) you already got better (Photo 1 !) than you were in the ones you showed us first.

As to composition: in the future, whenever you get a horizon in your photos, don't place it right in the middle of your photo (see Photo 2, panorama cut in two halves) - it tends to make a photo boring to look at. Decide on what counts more to you: sky or land, and give that part about 2/3 of the frame.

Here's an example of what else could be done with that picture. when I said it could be punched up a bit this is what I had in mind. vertical crop and a little saturation of the colors makes it pop a bit more in my opinion. You may not agree though.

DSCF0078.jpg

Well, Tuffy: I DO! I fully agree with your idea! :D Nice post processing!

I was thinking the same thing about the B&W option, I really didn't like it much. As of now I don't have any way to edit them post. Iam on a old laptop with 256mb ram lol, but I have been putting a parts list together and plan to build a new PC in the next week or two (6 core, 2.7ghz, 8gb ram, 2tb hdd) this will make life much easier. Also I'am a linux user so any suggestions on photo editing apps for a linux OS would be nice, I know about gimp and it seems to have some really good options but if there are others let me know.

I did try to use all of the suggestions when taking these pics, I was much more picky on what I shot and didnt just take 50 pics lol, I tried to find something to be the center of attention hence the rock, but didnt place it right in the center of the photo, and the panorama/B&W was just a test to see how it worked.

Iam also looking for tips on what settings I would use if I wanted to take a photo of stars, or if this camera even does that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back