Just an idea for something that might be fun to do at TPF.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had an idea the other day and thought I'd bring it up to all of you.

I call it the "Who Took the Photo?". The premise is simple: Anyone TPF member who wants to participate will choose an image of their own. They strip the EXIF data (or I can strip... makes me no nevermind) from the file, and upload it to where I can download it. Just make it your finished edit and as a JPEG.

You then PM me a link to the uploaded image, I'll download it and post it under the above thread title. But I will not post whose image is shown.

Now for the fun part: Everyone gets to guess whose image it is, based on nothing more than the image itself. No EXIF data, no camera settings or gear used, no post steps.... just the image alone.

A thread will run for, say, a week before the member comes forth and claims the image.

Any takers?

Sounds like fun. I'm no good for donating photos, since I don't have any defined style yet, but I'd love to make some guesses. :)

Go for it! Holler if you need the mods to do anything for you. Where were you thinking of opening your thread? We can stick it for you if that helps.

Just let us know, and have fun with it! :)

...... Where were you thinking of opening your thread? .........

Maybe the Just for Fun arena.

But so far, no takers.

...... Where were you thinking of opening your thread? .........

Maybe the Just for Fun arena.

But so far, no takers.
Why not open the thread and lay out the plan in that forum? Tell folks to PM their images to you, and we'll make sure to sticky the thread to give folks a chance to see it.

Gotta be patient, give people some time to think about which image to try. Things rarely happen around here as fast as we'd like. ;)

Love this idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back