Just bought a used D90

Smilemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,I just bought a used D90 with a Nikkor 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 zoom lens. I don't usually like zoom lenses, but the macro feature is cool and it seems to take decent shots. The camera is in really good shape. It has less than 5000 actuations and has a skylight filter and a screen protector. I'm just playing around with it right now, but I was wondering if anyone had some quick tips on making the most out the D90. I've shot lots of 35mm SLR and I've used canon 50Ds, but this is my first Nikon and I'm really excited about it.
Thanks,
Kyle

I just recently upgraded from the d90 and I loooovvveedd it, and I still do its a great camera. I thought I knew that camera like the back of my hand and then i read the David Busch nikon d90 book and learned more about it, i was amazed; best $30 i spent on a book!

As far as tips and tricks I don't really have any because everything is just so dependent on your opinion, as long as your exposure is good though it can surely handle noise. Here is a link to a dark church shot at 1600 -2000 iso with a 70-300 lens (f4, ss was probably 80-125) Pete & Wendy Married:: Traverse City, Michigan wedding photgrapher « « Modern Michigan Wedding and Portrait Photography {Stefanie J Miller} Serving Bay City, Saginaw, Midland all surrounding areas. Modern Michigan Wedding and Portrait Photography {St all of those pictures were with my d90; no flash allowed in the church during the ceremony..

Congrats on the new purchase!

Excellent! Be sure and read the user's manual (several times) so you're intimately familiar with all of the D90's features and functions.

I'll bet well over 1/2 of all D90 owners don't know it has a built-in 'fisheye' function, because they never read the user's manual completely.

I made this photo with a used D90, the kit lens, and a couple of Nikon speedlights;

BoothIID907-28-9_020.jpg

Excellent! Be sure and read the user's manual (several times) so you're intimately familiar with all of the D90's features and functions.

I'll bet well over 1/2 of all D90 owners don't know it has a built-in 'fisheye' function, because they never read the user's manual completely.

This. But congratulations! We expect greatness from you :)

Good choice on the D90, hope you enjoy as much as much as I enjoy mine!

Yep and easier read online manual is Ken Rockwell's D90 User's Guide.

Take it slow and take bite size info at a time.
Spend everyday reading 5-10 mins and chew throughly before swallowing.

And D90 is still outstanding performer and not obsolete as some would have you believe.
As mine still chucking along at 100 pics a day or so. And just passed the 46k clicks on it.

Are you aware of the D90's shutter life expectancy

Based on the average and at 100 per day, you've got about 540 or so days left. ;)

Some crap out sooner, some crap out later.

Are you aware of the D90's shutter life expectancy

Based on the average and at 100 per day, you've got about 540 or so days left. ;)

Some crap out sooner, some crap out later.

Yep is rated at 100k and is a tested guideline and not a guaranteed number. - Bought last Nov. at 17k and now this Nov. makes one year and now at 47k. So seems like around 30k per year for me. And hoping it on getting 1.5 years if not more fingers crossed that it passes the 100k as 150k and still clicking would be nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back