Just Did a Little Fighting Back

OK then, is there any effective way to stop my ISP from collecting a running log of everything my family does on the internet?

Joe
Yup, don't access it.

That's the $100k question. I've posed this question to my son, who is the IT manager for a large Federal Court District. They did operate a VPN over dedicated T3s but I think they recently went to OC3. However, they have attorney access requirements, that open them up. I'll post his response.

One wonders if it's almost safer these days to just hide out in the open.

How is this the fault of the media?

It's not the fault of the media, my question was WHY the media didn't make a big deal that it was even being discussed. Seems Trump can't belch without 50 reporters covering it, yet this bill went through both houses, passed went to Trump for signature, and the only thing reported that I saw were a couple of news blurps yesterday after it passed. Why????

It's not the fault of the media, my question was WHY the media didn't make a big deal that it was even being discussed. Seems Trump can't belch without 50 reporters covering it, yet this bill went through both houses, passed went to Trump for signature, and the only thing reported that I saw were a couple of news blurps yesterday after it passed. Why????

Because everybody is focused on the raving idiots tweets and BS accusations and not paying attention to whats happening behind the scenes.

This passed everyone? I thought it only made it through the senate but the house hadn't taken it up up yet. Guess its time to do some digging.

I saw plenty of coverage before yesterday.

Just to name two sources, NPR and the Washington Post have been reporting about this particular bill since February when it was introduced, and about the issue in general since last fall.

This passed everyone? I thought it only made it through the senate but the house hadn't taken it up up yet. Guess its time to do some digging.

Well this report says it passed the House and is headed to the President. I'm assuming that means it had already passed the Senate???? The House just voted to wipe away the FCC’s landmark Internet privacy protections

It passed the Senate last week (this article is 7 days old):
U.S. Senate Votes To Repeal Obama-Era Internet Privacy Rules

NPR and the Washington Post have been reporting about this particular bill since February when it was introduced, and about the issue in general since last fall

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't watch much news anymore unless I hear/see a headline that catches my interest. The talking heads killed most of my interest in the news.

NPR and the Washington Post have been reporting about this particular bill since February when it was introduced, and about the issue in general since last fall

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't watch much news anymore unless I hear/see a headline that catches my interest. The talking heads killed most of my interest in the news.

I've never had an interest in tv news. When print media was more prevalent, I always read a few different papers, and always a local paper. These days, I still read some actual paper papers, but mostly I use a news feed online that aggregates different news sources of my choice. The one I use is called Feedly.

I also follow the same news sources on Twitter and Facebook, which duplicates the news feed in essence, but just gives me another way to check it.

The one I use is called Feedly.
Thanks for the tip! I've been looking for something other than Google News, which has been quite hit or miss for me...

The one I use is called Feedly.
Thanks for the tip! I've been looking for something other than Google News, which has been quite hit or miss for me...

It's not perfect, but pretty good. You can follow news sites but also personal blogs. I've got it pinned to my browser so it's easy to get to.

Most reactions

Back