just got a Nikon D40, would like some CC!!!

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, I got a D40 for Christmas and so here are a few shots playing around with it. These are all long exposures shots and I wonder if anyone use that eyepiece cover thing and would it make a difference? All shot in my basement.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0049edited-1.jpg

DSC_0052crop.jpg

DSC_0048edited.jpg

not sure why you would use long exposures for subjects like these.. but to each his own... i havent used the eye piece, but i was told that really the only people who use it are DIE HARD start gazers...

Well congrats about your new camera.
About your photos, beside the fact that are properly exposed, are just snapshots.
Try capturing a subject. have fun :)

Yeah, they're just test shots/snap shots. Not much to C&C on...at least they don't have much noise in them. White balance looks pretty good too.

You sure got a lot of stuff.

not sure why you would use long exposures for subjects like these.. but to each his own... i havent used the eye piece, but i was told that really the only people who use it are DIE HARD start gazers...

Eh? No need for a long exposure? You would need a long exposure for a few reasons. 1...If there isn't sufficient lighting and to provide enough time to allow the shot to expose correctly or 2...If you would like to keep the ISO as low as possible to keep noise from creeping into your shot.

There isn't much to C&C since these do appear like test shots, but I have plenty of those also :).

Last edited:
Yeah, I know that these are not the best subject of all time but I wanted to see if the pictures is well exposed and other technical stuff. The shot was taken at 200 ISO at F22 so that why I used long exposure. I was debating if I needed to use they eye piece cover thing but I guess that won't be necessary.

The only C&C I can offer is that it looks like you like pegboard.

Congrats on the new camera, now take it out and shot something FUN!

Nothing to C&C on, wait till you actually have a subject to make a topic on.

Most reactions

Back