Just got back from a shoot C&C :-P

Draken

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.earthscape.110mb.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got back from a shoot at Hunua Falls which is quite close to my house so here's some of my best shots. - criticism welcome :wink:

Hunua001Final.jpg

HunuaFalls001Final.jpg

HunuaFalls003Final.jpg

Cheers :p

Very nice; the only concern I have is the time of day at which these were taken. There's some very dark shadow as well as bright highlights. Is there a time when the overall area would be more evenly illuminated? If not, perhaps an early morning exposure when it's all shadow? That would allow for a more even overall exposure.

Very nice; the only concern I have is the time of day at which these were taken. There's some very dark shadow as well as bright highlights. Is there a time when the overall area would be more evenly illuminated? If not, perhaps an early morning exposure when it's all shadow? That would allow for a more even overall exposure.

I agree, the only other thing I think I'd want is some better foreground. The muddy stuff doesn't do it for me. I liked the water kinda going over that lip on the last image. Maybe more of that in the frame? Just my opinion though.

Nice work dude. Hopefully, in two weeks I will get my first attempt at some falls photos. I doubt that I will get to shoot one as nice as Hunua though. What filters did you use on these; stacked polarizer and the ND8? What time of day were these taken? I just purchased an ND4 and ND8 that should be coming in the mail soon, along with a CPOL. Can't wait to use them. Oh BTW, is that your real name; Michael Hunt? That name reminds me of this very popular 80's American movie called Porky's, hehe.

Nice work dude. Hopefully, in two weeks I will get my first attempt at some falls photos. I doubt that I will get to shoot one as nice as Hunua though. What filters did you use on these; stacked polarizer and the ND8? What time of day were these taken? I just purchased an ND4 and ND8 that should be coming in the mail soon, along with a CPOL. Can't wait to use them. Oh BTW, is that your real name; Michael Hunt? That name reminds me of this very popular 80's American movie called Porky's, hehe.

HAHA! yes i am the cliche known as Mike Hunt!. Anyway thanks for your thoughts guys and yes i know the time of day sucked it was like 3pm i plan on going back perhaps early morning or late evening later this week. I used a ND8 and no polarizer the one i have leaves marks on my photos :thumbdown:
and unfortunately there isn't too much around to make much of an interesting composition either that or i cant see photographically yet! something i wish to develop

Cheers,

Mike Hunt - yes yes real name hahah hahah haha :hail:

hey draken hope you didn't mind but i had a go at *lightening* up your first pic. and here is the finished product

27xdqhu.jpg

hope it works for eveyone

cheers
Lazy_B

ps: i hope to get to hunua falls also in the not to distant future. but the only trips planned for this year and early next year are a Hawkes Bay trip in 2 weeks and the A1GP 09 next year

Most reactions

New Topics

Back