Just got my Olympus E420

JRH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Basicly just got my first SLR for christmas, a Olympus e420 now i have tried taking photos but the live view is just black and blury, and even when i use the eye thing and not live view the photos i take are just of a black background, so its taking the photo but not showing it and i can't figure it out, ive taken the lens cover off so thats not blocking it but something is wrong.

Any help is appreciated cheers, Josh

What mode is the camera in?

Which lens? What are the lighting conditions?

I could go on :)

Download and read the manual two or three times, that will help the most.

Cheers, Don

Im using the one that came with it Olympus Digital 14-42mm one, everything is fine it takes the photo but the live view you can't actualy see anything out the lens its all blury and black like something is covering it but it isn't and even when i look through the eye thing and take a photo and download it onto my pc its just a plain black image.

Im using the one that came with it Olympus Digital 14-42mm one, everything is fine it takes the photo but the live view you can't actualy see anything out the lens its all blury and black like something is covering it but it isn't and even when i look through the eye thing and take a photo and download it onto my pc its just a plain black image.

You can not use the viewfinder when the live view is on.

It's one or the other....

Once again I ask, what are the camera settings?

Cheers, Don

You can not use the viewfinder when the live view is on.

It's one or the other....

Once again I ask, what are the camera settings?

Cheers, Don

I know thats what i mean, i've tried both live view and view finder both
and i've tried them all but i've left it on auto

Once again I ask, what are the lighting conditions?

What are you trying to shoot?

Can you post the image with the exif intact?

Cheers, Don

The lighting is fine, im not trying to shoot anything in particular just trying to actually get the image i've took, Basicly i've just took the lens off and there is a thing in the back of the camera like a black paper thing and i moved it up and down and image appeared on the live view, but when i take the photo that black paper thing goes and it takes the photo but it's still just a plain black image.

:)

Look through the viewfinder, compose the shot, ie., zoom in or out, half press the shutter button and tell me what the numbers on the side are.

Cheers, Don

f 3.5
6o

Hmmm, not great lighting but not bad....

Reading over your previous post, if you take a photo with the lens off you should at least have a whitish square ???

Cheers, Don

Hmmm, not great lighting but not bad....

Reading over your previous post, if you take a photo with the lens off you should at least have a whitish square ???

Cheers, Don

Yeah when i take the lens off, and look through the viewfinder its white.

Did you take the lens cap off?

...lol sorry I couldn't resist.

And yes of course :lol::lol:

Most reactions

Back