Just one from an engagement session in Yosemite

@stapo49 I was with you right up to the last paragraph.

What do you have against "Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk"? :eek:

"it should be made clear that the couple where not actually that close to the edge but photoshopped there"

I was saying that I didn't believe that you putting disclaimers on your images about being Photoshop close to the edge would have any bearing on someone else doing or not doing the same in real life. People will do dumb things regardless.

As to the image itself, it's a dramatic shot, very well done and IMO doesn't warrant the side rail the thread has taken.

It is a good bit of PP and a good image. Over here in the UK we have fools come from around the world and sit on the edge of a cliff ( 500ft drop) some have fallen to their deaths even though warning signs are all over. The place is called Beachy Head, and at the moment a 60ft crack has appeared so only a matter of time till the fools come and jump up and down taking a selfie.

It's not a bad idea to reflect and think about the effects one's images may have on people. But to what extent are we responsible?

I would agree that each person is in charge of their own decisions, but should we at least take responsibility for influencing someone, either directly or indirectly? Interesting questions to ponder.

I'm honestly more concerned about the influence we have on other photographers, not the subjects. It's the photographers who may suggest the couple pose on a railroad track, or otherwise risky situation, and the couple is trusting that photographer. But if the photographer hasn't done their due diligence, and is simply trying to recreate an image they saw somewhere, there could be serious consequences.

If that is Taft Point, just seen on the news that a couple died there as found at the bottom.

I edited both...

_D757550-2.JPG

I was referring to the before you photoshopped the couple as stated in one of your previous replies, I’m sure you could of figured that out...

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

And I'm telling you I have an edited version of that wide angle shot too. I don't like the composition of the cliff in the original version since it dissects the photo right in the middle. I'm sure you could HAVE figured it out. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back