Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was as as scary as it looks...

_D757547.JPG

Very nice; it looks like they're standing on the thumb of a giant, stone fist, about to flip them in to oblivion.

Did you get hazard pay on this one?

looking at the rock surface it seems smooth as if it's a very popular spot. That said what are your thoughts on posting this image online that inevitably will inspire other photographers to follow with this idea?

I ask because obviously the death toll for crazy selfies continues to rise, but also because I was on the scene when a mother(on vacation with her family) posing for a picture slipped on a little bit of gravel and fell to her death.

It is a cool picture and in no way mean to criticize just asking the question.

looking at the rock surface it seems smooth as if it's a very popular spot. That said what are your thoughts on posting this image online that inevitably will inspire other photographers to follow with this idea?

I ask because obviously the death toll for crazy selfies continues to rise, but also because I was on the scene when a mother(on vacation with her family) posing for a picture slipped on a little bit of gravel and fell to her death.

Here's the image before I Photoshopped the couple closer to the edge. I knew someone would ask this question :) I feel that we are all responsible for our own actions. Someone can ride a motorcycle at 100mph+ around corners, someone can tight rope across buildings, some can do back flip snowboarding, etc. Do they inspire others to do the same dangerous actions? Possibly. In the end, it's our responsibilities to make our own clients safe but you can't control what others do after looking at your own photos. Are you responsible for that too? I'll leave it up to you to make that decision... :)

_D757548.JPG

Looking at that first pic made my palms sweat. I climbed half dome but couldn’t will myself to get close enough to the edge to look down it’s face. I even tried scooting myself on my stomach towards the edge. I would get a few feet from the edge and my field of view would increase and I wouldn’t be able to get any closer.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I prefer the "pre" version!

Convincing edit, though!

I couldn't help but think the same thing. And yesterday in my news feed is a story of just that. Google it.

Vtech44, it's a great photo, but one that shouldn't be shared with the world. I'll leave it at that.

What a sad, regret filled life the survivor would have had if one of them had fallen.

Really is it worth the risk? Aren't enough people being killed with foolish photography choices?

Some interesting comments in relation to this.

Personally I think people need to take responsibility for their own actions. If you want to jump out of a plane wearing a wing suit or peer over the edge of a cliff then as long as you know the risks go for it.

Having said that in this case it should be made clear that the couple where not actually that close to the edge but photoshopped there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@stapo49 I was with you right up to the last paragraph. I've come to believe like John Wayne "You can't fix stupid". No matter how many signs or warnings you post, some idiot will hurt themselves trying, then try to blame others. Over 30 years as a VFD and 1st Responder, I've seen stupid first hand.

This thread has taken an interesting turn, but I actually predicted that it would. It's just another day on TPF :D

Most reactions

Back