Just some more Random photos...

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure what to call my posts anymore, cause there are so many different things.

1)
Pileated woodpecker. this guy was within 15 feet of me, but then saw me and flew off right before I could get a full frame shot off.
12_11_3.jpg

2)
a chickadee from my backyard, I have them come to my feeders everyday. recently I have had a red-belly woodpecker coming by as well as titmouse, finches, juncos, and others.
chick1.jpg

3)
been seeing a krestal all the time at a spot I go, always sitting on the power line, finally followed him to a natural perch. maybe I will get a photo of him closer one day
krest1.jpg

4)
a gull with some nice lighting and I liked the tones
gull1.jpg

5)
sunset red winged blackbirds
today3.jpg

6)
Went back and tired a tighter crop on the Carolina wren photos I had
cwren_1.jpg

7)
a great blue heron close up as well
gbhhs.jpg

8)
a northern flicker peaking at me in the swamp
swamp2.jpg

9)
a little yellow rumped warbler
ywwarbler.jpg

10)
and I will finish it off with this river otter, this has to be about the largest one I have seen around here, not the best quality photo, but I usually don't get them out of the water this much. from my kayak
otter1.jpg

Holy crap those are some sharp pics..What lens is that?

all shot with the 500mm f4 VR, some with the tc17e II teleconverter for 850mm. and Nikon d800, also some I used a better beamer and sb600 flash on a bracket. some shot monopod, some handheld

Always love your shots. The otter has to win this round for me though.
#1 you mentioned "flew off before FF shot" . As a newb, what does that mean? I have the Nikon 7000.
Any simple terms is helpful ;}
Nancy

oh, I guess I ment fill the frame. its rare I get to fill the whole frame with wild birds. I usually have to crop a good bit with BIF or small birds. at first the woodpecker was at a spot I could fill the frame, but flew off

All terrific! I too prefer the pileated, because like king fishers, they have so far eluded my humble efforts.

Wow, All are wonderful but I really like the Pileated. They are so hard to catch

yes, I want some better photos of the pileated. I have a closer in photo from a while ago, but I plan to setup my kwik camo blind in a spot I know, hopefully I will get some closer in photos. I would love to get ones in flight, or with the wings open.

because you guys seem to like this pileated here are 2 from earlier this year the closest I got photos of one.

pwp1.jpg

pwp2.jpg

Most reactions

Back