Just some photos I took of my niece (Warning photo heavy)

Photomom85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was gifted some studio equipment so I thought I would try it out with my niece. I know they are not great. Any lighting suggests or anything would be helpful. Yes these were shot in Program mode. I am still learning my aperture settings and such for the situation in which I am shooting. I am in the middle of speaking with a consulor at The Art Institute of Pittsburg to find out about enrolling in classes to get my degree and learn more. Also speaking with a local photographer to see if he can help me out and guide me in the right direction. Once again I know these aren't great and this was my first time ever using studio equipment. I added some I edited as well and one of my son I took the day I got all of the equipment. Sorry to carry on lol Thanks!!

(Equipment used Canon T3i, Canon Speedlite 420ex, Canon EFS 18-55mm, and Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8)

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 149
  • $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • $3.jpg
    $3.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 139
  • $4.jpg
    $4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • $6.jpg
    $6.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 144
  • $7.jpg
    $7.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 154
  • $8.jpg
    $8.jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 178
  • $9.jpg
    $9.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 154
  • $10.jpg
    $10.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 145
  • $11.jpg
    $11.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Anyone know if there is a way to switch my post to a different gallery? Probably should have put this in the people gallery :neutral:

Anyone know if there is a way to switch my post to a different gallery? Probably should have put this in the people gallery :neutral:
A mod can do it. But people will see it when they look at 'new posts' anyway.

I like #1 and #6. On #1 you chopped off part of her tutu though.

Yea I know Paige. I was having issues with my cable I use to import photos. I guess the cable was bad and it was causing my RAW files to be damaged when import (A couple other members helped me figure that out in another forum lol)

Mully- Yea It was a new background we were just trying out. Never used it before since that was my first time trying taking photos in a studio setting.

Are there any suggestions you would have for shooting in a studio setting?

I'm a member of youarenotaphotographer where we have "fun" lamenting the "fauxtographers" out there. To be honest, these may not be the best but I can assure you they are many pars above anything posted there. I see you'll do just fine if you remember to always grow. Don't stop learning and practicing. I've seen some photographers who are two decades in the "business" and take completely horrible shots. It's as if they were bad to begin with and never bothered to get better. How a person can survive in a business for that long is beyond me. People will buy what people will buy though (or he outright lied about the length of his business).

Thank you Drex. I guess for a first time I can not complain :) I very much hope to continue to learn and grow as a photographer.

As an added note, these are far better than anything I've done portrait wise. I suck at it. I'm learning though. Your gift was pretty sweet if you ask me. I got a wireless shutter release and was happy. I would have stained my shorts if I got actual equipment. Have lots of fun with it and I hope to see your progress.

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh is part of a national chain of FOR PROFIT art schools. They are in the top ten of the highest percentages of defaulted student loans of any For-Profit schools in the country, because they do not deliver what they promise. You might want to consider a more traditional school! There are quite a few threads on TPF about the so-called Art Schools... if you do a little searching.

US Gov Sues The Art Institutes for $11 Billion Fraud

Student Loan Default Rates by School Reference. Compare reviews & ratings.

Art Institute Of Pittsburgh Decides You Need To Buy One More Class To Graduate? After Graduation ? The Consumerist

Bad Student Debt High as Collection Efforts Surge - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Two-year default rates for student loans increase again | Inside Higher Ed

Student Loan Default Rates by School Reference. Compare reviews & ratings. (this is old data from 2008... it is much worse now after the recent "recession")

$Capture.JPG

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh is part of a national chain of FOR PROFIT art schools. They are in the top ten of the highest percentages of defaulted student loans of any For-Profit schools in the country, because they do not deliver what they promise. You might want to consider a more traditional school! There are quite a few threads on TPF about the so-called Art Schools... if you do a little searching.

US Gov Sues The Art Institutes for $11 Billion Fraud

Student Loan Default Rates by School Reference. Compare reviews & ratings.

Art Institute Of Pittsburgh Decides You Need To Buy One More Class To Graduate? After Graduation ? The Consumerist

Bad Student Debt High as Collection Efforts Surge - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Two-year default rates for student loans increase again | Inside Higher Ed

Student Loan Default Rates by School Reference. Compare reviews & ratings. (this is old data from 2008... it is much worse now after the recent "recession")

View attachment 34109

Thanks Charlie! I was wondering when I would see you around here lol I am still researching, a friend of mine had just suggested it so I contacted a them. I was told earlier one of the universities here in IL is suppose to have a good online photography course :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back