Just started my photography Biz need C&C PLEASE!

Elizabeth30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I just started by business a few months ago and I haven't had any real feedback from experienced photographers. I shoot with a Canon Rebel 2Ti and almost always use my 50mm 1.8. I generally stay in av mode with my a-1.8 and ISO 100-400. I have a general understanding of my camera but still much to learn!! ANY comments are greatly appreciated!

Gris.jpg

CandyAppleRed.jpg

EveningLight.jpg

PopNColor.jpg

You will learn so much more if you shoot in Manual. You will understand when you change the ISO, you will also need to change other settings. I would say that you first need to learn and understand the exposure triangle and get exposure down first. Then, move on to composition. If you are shooting in AV mode with your aperture @1.8 for most shots, then you need to understand the basic of photography. ISO, aperture, and shutter speed needs to be your first lesson. I like the 4th shot the best although the background is distracting.

#1 I like this image and it works for me in B&W but I would remove the couple of single stray hairs that could be removed in post.

#2 I like the composition but I find it to be underexposed and blue, might to warm it up a bit.

#3 I like the concept but not sure about the composition, I find that the girl is too centered and could cropped a little more and maybe remove some of that white house. Have her in the same spot but show more of the left side, meaning show all of the sun on the grass and fade into the grass.

#4 I like the colours as they standout but I find the coffee travel mug on the dresser to be a little distracting.

Thanks for your advice!! mainly use av mode with lowest aperture simply because I love the awesome Bokeh it gives me. I used manual at first but liked AV better after I started playing with the settings. How can I learn more in Manual?? Not sure I understand what you mean??

I see focus issues, white balance issues, major lighting issues, composition issues.

You will need to understand most of the topics in the tutorials found here: Digital Photography Tutorials

You will also need to understand posing, photographic lighting, and more importantly, business management, marketing, salesmanship.

A blurred background used for selective focus is about achieving a shallow depth-of-field.

Circle of Confusion, often called bokeh, is a fixed property of each lens design and is not adjustable.

as long as you understand what the camera is doing, AV is fine. I use 95% in AV.

#1 I like this image and it works for me in B&W but I would remove the couple of single stray hairs that could be removed in post.

#2 I like the composition but I find it to be underexposed and blue, might to warm it up a bit.

#3 I like the concept but not sure about the composition, I find that the girl is too centered and could cropped a little more and maybe remove some of that white house. Have her in the same spot but show more of the left side, meaning show all of the sun on the grass and fade into the grass.

#4 I like the colours as they standout but I find the coffee travel mug on the dresser to be a little distracting.
Thank you!! I totally get what you are saying about #3!! never saw that!! And as for #4 it's a polar pop on my kitchen table lol totally random pic. i was not set up for it at all, I just liked it.

A photo is not all about bokeh. You can't always shoot @1.8 and 2.2 or your images will not be always be in focus or sharp. Do some reading on DOF (depth of field).

There is no way you should be charging for this sort of quality, i wouldn't pay for any you have posted, did you get the camera for Christmas

Most reactions

New Topics

Back