What's new

Just starting out!

JessicaBlair

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Gouverneur, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm just starting out in the Photography world...I currently have a Kodak Z812 IS...I have purchased a background stand and some backdrops, and two continuous lights. I plan on using my garage as the studio setup...We have lights on the ceilings. What are some suggestions for set up and positioning of the lights?? Thanks
 
Hello, I'm just starting out in the Photography world...I currently have a Kodak Z812 IS...I have purchased a background stand and some backdrops, and two continuous lights. I plan on using my garage as the studio setup...We have lights on the ceilings. What are some suggestions for set up and positioning of the lights?? Thanks
What are you wanting to make images of?
People?
Food?
Products?

I recommend this book.
 
I'm looking to do mostly indoor portraits for now..then eventually outdoor events and weddings...
 
I'm looking to do mostly indoor portraits for now..then eventually outdoor events and weddings...
You'll be moving the lights around depending on the pose, number of people in the shot, the lighting effect you're going for, Chiaroscuro, Rembrandt, Classical, Clamshell, etc. Placement of your lights will also depend on what light modifiers you're using and how much space your studio has.




A portrait studio set up usually consists of 5 lights:
  1. Main (or Key) light
  2. Fill light
  3. Hair light
  4. Kicker Light
  5. Background light
Have a look at some basic info here.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom