Just starting, with no cash.

Sabin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just starting into photograpy, and I really like it. I want to take better, more professional pictures, but I don't have any money to spend on equipment, so it will all have to be technique and other things like that. I have a Kodak easyshare z760 and a tripod (found it at a thrift store for $20) that doesn't wobble or anything, and that's it. Where do I start?

You could start by defining what you mean by "professional" pictures.

I mean pictures that look like they could be found in a publication instead of the family photo album. I'm most interested in landscape and nature photos, but the place where I suck the most is when I'm photographing people. I want to be able to recognize the times when an opportunity for a really good picture comes up before I miss the chance to take it. I want to know how to find out what angles to use, how to use the lighting available, where to get information on possible locations ect.

Scott Kelby's "The Digital Photography Book" has a whole chapter dedicated to tips for photographing people. There's also a chapter on shooting landscapes. Some people don't like his sense of humor but the tips are great.

Yeah read a book and the threads here. When you get the basics down you're going to need a better camera because you'll be seeing the moments and then missing them because of equipment.

Most reactions

Back