Just wondering what other people think of this image. CC please.

AdrianBetti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
812x11a.jpg

Hmmmm... tough call. The exposure is great, and even though I don't generally like shooting 'down' on people, this works. Unfortunately, the background image right ruins it for me. If the dead bushes weren't there it wouldn't be too bad, but the mulitude of sticks pointing every direction is just too distracting. It would also be a good idea to make sure her shoes aren't in the frame as well.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I agree with the above poster. The subject is in the middle of the frame. I would have her back closer to the right side of the frame. Maybe crop the frame to her back and just below her elbow and leave the space in front of her. I don't much care for her fingers on her left hand being closed like they are. Other than that, I love it.

Cool. Did you just blur the background a bit? Yeah I agree about her hands, I wish she had her hand open on the rock.

Longsleeves...she has such a beautiful face, but the bare arms distract from it.

I like dleblanc's editing image better.

Blurring the background and taking the shoes from the image focuses my eye more on her face now. The crisp background was a nice exposure, but it did seem to distract from your lovely model.

Time for a re-shoot haha. :heart: Oh, I remember it was like 110 degrees outside so long sleeves weren't really an option haha. How would one describe a "disctraction" in an image? Is thier a particular rule perse'? Or does it just vary from image to image?

Time for a re-shoot haha. :heart: Oh, I remember it was like 110 degrees outside so long sleeves weren't really an option haha. How would one describe a "disctraction" in an image? Is thier a particular rule perse'? Or does it just vary from image to image?

I'll take that to mean that it was approximately 110 degrees outside - the temperature notwithstanding, whether sleeves were an option or not depends on whether you were taking a snapshot or a photograph. It looks to me like a photograph; that is, a scene which you have planned, and capture with an expected outcome. Therefore if sleeves would have improved it, they certainly were an option; let's face it, do you think all those bathing suit models you see are always sitting around on hot, sunny beaches getting photographed? Uh-uh... All of that aside, I disagree on the long sleeves; I think that they would have caused her arms to become 'lost' against her torso.

With respect to the question of 'distractors', yes there is a rule. That is: "Eliminate them whenever possible". A distractor is anything that takes your eye away from the subject, and one of the things that separates great photographers from the rest of us, is their ability to see these things before the pictures taken. To be able to look at the scene and decide which things will be a problem and which won't. That is all simply practice and experience. Hopefully from this critique, you've already gained some of that.

Looking forward to more from you.

Thank you tirediron, well, since you asked, what about this one?

DSC03287-2.jpg

Really sexy! I feel that the hands don't look natural. The lighting works for the face though!

Cool. Did you just blur the background a bit? Yeah I agree about her hands, I wish she had her hand open on the rock.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I actually did a combination of blurring and sharpening to add a real strong DOF to it. Bring both into Photoshop and layer them to see the differences. I actually cloned out a lot of the distracting elements on the ground too, as well as removed your logo (as it was getting ruined during my edit).

It was a quick edit. I actually messed up a little bit. By her thigh and her posterior (lol) the background is sharp where it shouldn't be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back