What's new

Kaleidoscope (or thank you to Bitter Jeweler for inspiration)

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
6,734
Reaction score
3,221
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came across a scene today, and had a flash-back to some of the shots that Bitter Jeweler showed us... So naturally, I had to see if I could "borrow" the style.

So, do I have to pay Bitter royalties?

$Kalaidascope_small_6903.webp
 
Luckily for us he gives us such inspiration for free. lol. One of my better pics thus far, since joining and learning, was my abstract after reading his lessons to another member then my chiming in on the subject. It'd be cool to hang out with him for a week. lol.
 
That bad, huh? 93 views and one comment (thanks, Ernicus ;) ). And here I was, following the rules of thirds to a "T". Even my horizon lines are straight. Oh well.
 
To me, there is too much detail in the reflections which detracts from the beauty of the lines/warping. I find the lightpole especially destracting and really breaks up the patterns.
 
Very nice! I too want to try this shot at some point!
 
Thank you, PaigeW for the comment. Too much detail, huh? We'll have to agree to disagree. But I'll certainly agree with you regarding the light pole. Unfortunately, the city takes a dim view of people rearranging the scenery to get better photographs. Philistines. In the meantime, I will see if a different vantage point would give us a less cluttered, lamp-less view.

Hey Bitter! Thanks for looking in. You're making me rethink some of my photography ways. Which is good.

Mishele! You'll have to come to Montreal to try that particular shot. Oh sure, you can get lots of reflective glass where you are, but you don't get the Montreal smoke meat, the Montreal bagels, and our latest events, the student protests and the nightly casserolia. And I just spent an hour with some flowers trying to get your technique to work for me... Sigh. so simple in appearance, so difficult to achieve ... But I ain't giving up.
 
Last edited:
How about a horizontal flip for a smoother flow of the lines? Also, the light fixture kind of leads the eye instead of disrupting the flow somewhat. (Your profile says you're OK with others editing your photos... Hope you don' mind.)

$Kalaidascope_small_6903.webp
 
Frederico, you can edit my photos any time. If some of your magic rubs off onto them, then so much the better.

The funny thing is, when you blow the picture up a bit, my eye gets pulled to the person on the balcony. Maybe that's why I didn't notice the lamppost.
 
my eye gets pulled to the person on the balcony
I didn't even know there was a person on the balcony. (Moreover... I almost didn't realize there was a balcony ;))
 
Really impressive.... i felt the lamp adds some break to the image, a variation...and the person invites one's scrutiny
I am impressed well :thumbsup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom