Katie

Jethro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, my friend wanted me to take some nice pictures of her so she can post them on facebook, put them in a frame and give them to parents and grandparents and stuff..anyway I actually dont care, I just really enjoyed taking them :) Any comments and criticism are welcome!

34tbzf6.jpg

2exc0si.jpg

sfcrp0.jpg

4. About this one..I'm not sure if I like it, in fact I think its the worst one from the shooting, but for some reason this is the one that gets most likes from my friends..so I'd like to know what you think about this one :)

9708ba.jpg

The third one it looks like "i dont care, I'm not interested", maybe the same postion but looking directely to the camera o not sooo to another side? I love the second one! Good shots

Just something quick to keep an eye on when shooting... IMHO

Bra straps showing - A no no!
The NOSE - I think it is always best to keep it on the face as you did in #4.
Tight crops - another no no IMO
Dead space, such as in #4 - the dead space should be on the otherside inwhich she is staring.

Wow Mike harsh anyway the 2nd one IMO is the best have to agree about the dead space on #4 along with too much saturation maybe is the term Im thinking.

Ad white stuff on 1st: those aren't bra strappings, its a white top she is wearing under the shirt :) Though there is a strapping on #2, I didnt notice that earlier..*slaps herself* :(
Thanks for the dead space correction, I will remember this. And whats wrong with her nose on #2? I didn't do any correction on nose so could you please be more specific?

Mike: Are you some kind of journalist? They like to take things people say out of the context :) I said I didnt care what she was planning to do with the pictures, not that I didn't care how the pictures will look like..

Anyway thank you for your opinions and advices, they are appreciated, I still have many things to learn :)

I pretty much disagree with all the negative feedback in this thread, except for the framing of the last shot. Not that she needs to be looking into the empty space, plenty of options on where to put space, but I do think there is too much space on the right. I like what the flare does for this shot though.

The bra strap thing... some people care and some people don't? It doesn't affect what the shot communicates in the slightest, and I didn't even notice until it was pointed out. I had to go back and figure out which photo the comment was referring to.

I can't help but feel the subject in the last photo is quite under-exposed. A reflector of some kind to throw back some of the backlighting unto her might have improved the image. There seems to be general haziness over the whole of this image, I don't know if it's intentional on your part done through processing or if it's a result of lens flare. Last, still with the same image, the focus on the girl appears a bit soft. Other aspects of this image have been commented on already.

Mike: Are you some kind of journalist? They like to take things people say out of the context :) I said I didnt care what she was planning to do with the pictures, not that I didn't care how the pictures will look like..

Anyway thank you for your opinions and advices, they are appreciated, I still have many things to learn :)[/QUOTE]

Dude, try not to take it personally.....some people on here physically cant say anything nice.....some so called photographers think they are way beyond what they are and will say negative things about every pic you post.....that’s just how they roll....the more time you spend here you will learn who they are and learn to just ignore them.

Ad white stuff on 1st: those aren't bra strappings, its a white top she is wearing under the shirt :) Though there is a strapping on #2, I didnt notice that earlier..*slaps herself* :(
Thanks for the dead space correction, I will remember this. And whats wrong with her nose on #2? I didn't do any correction on nose so could you please be more specific?

Anyway thank you for your opinions and advices, they are appreciated, I still have many things to learn :)

The order of my comments were not in any relation to the order of your pictures. I was just making comments in general.

Also, do not take the comments here to heart. Take a look at the quote in my sig below. I think it sums it up quite well.

Most reactions

Back