Katie

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shot in natural light.

Canon 5D MKI, Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/8, 1/2500 sec, ISO 320.
_mg_0784_by_danostergren-dcb7hb8.jpg

And a version with the structure and wires removed.
_mg_0784b_by_danostergren-dcbb4au.jpg

Last edited:
Good positioning of her body and face in relation to the light.

Nice enough shot but the poles and the wire spoil it for me..

NATURAL LIGHT??????

HOW?

Dude, this is seriously nice. Is this during golden hour? It still looks like mid day in the background! Lighting control here is very impressive. And your model is lovely!

As for the composition, I like it. I like the unconventional lower angle, and I'm not sure how I feel about the poles/wire. I know I don't like the wire, but I don't think this image would have the same effect without the poles, for some reason.

Last edited:
NATURAL LIGHT??????

HOW?

Dude, this is seriously nice. Is this during golden hour? It still looks like mid day in the background! Lighting control here is very impressive. And your model is lovely!

As for the composition, I like it. I like the unconventional lower angle, and I'm not sure how I feel about the poles/wire. I know I don't like the wire, but I don't think this image would have the same effect without the poles, for some reason.
Thank you.
Lol, yes, all natural light. Usually I add a reflector in there somewhere but for this shot I just used mostly direct sunlight with a thin layer of cloud cover; I couldn't have asked for better light in a more beautiful scene. It wasn't golden hour but I had the camera white balance set to shade (I ALWAYS have it set to shade no matter the lighting conditions), and I increased the color temperature in ACR just a little bit more as well.

When I took the picture, I really loved the lines from the structure and wires. When I got it on my computer and finished editing it I also questioned if it would be better without them in the shot, so I made a version without them in it. Personally I really like what the lines do for the composition, and I think they add a unique touch to an image that could otherwise be cliche without them. In the end I like the version that includes the structure, but I also kept the other version.
_mg_0784b_by_danostergren-dcbb4au.jpg

Great shot. The low angle and light are fantastic. As to the poles and wire I want to like it because of the interest it adds, but compared to the one without, I prefer without. Maybe it's because they are visually strong leading lines that pull the eye away from rather then toward the model, and are to far away to work as a frame.

Cool shot, interesting composition. I prefer the 1st shot. I like the way she is framed inside it, really adds an artistic vision. Without them, the clouds sort of take away from the model, the frame keeps her in there.

Seeing both photos together I like the one without the wires. The woman and the clouds are the main attraction and the wires take away your focus too much. Great shot.

#1 for me as I just like it more, a very well taken photo.

I really like the shot without the wires, love the low angle!

Seeing both photos together I like the one without the wires. The woman and the clouds are the main attraction and the wires take away your focus too much. Great shot.
Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back