KEH as-is?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long story short, I'm looking at a couple digital backs from KEH in AS-IS condition. Just says they need battery and charger... but here's my question. Is it worth the $300 gamble? I have bought Ugly stuff and had GREAT luck, so I'm just thinking this may be a great opportunity to grab a back to use on my GX680-that is, if it turns on...

Sent from my [device_name] using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Gamble's a gamble!

No warranty or refunds with As-Is...............so that is a gamble if it will work or not.
KEH grade system.....
Grading System

As above, KEH lists their policy as NO RETURNS on AS IS. products. I've always known them to be pretty much on the up and up on their descriptions, but unless you are in the area, and can actually view the product, I'd say you're tossing the dice. Before I did that I think I would check to see if I couldn't find something equal with at least a return policy, even if I had to pay more.

how much MORE would it be if you bought the as-is one and it didn't work?

I'm not sure why you're considering it. Per KEH - AS IS - " Means useable for parts only. Item may or may not work. No warranty or return privilege." Now why do you think a company who prides themselves on accurate ratings and already offers a bargain rating for working items would put anything but parts in this category?

I'll give you my blessing to buy it under one condition: When you win this evening's lottery drawing, you split it with me.

Deal?

I'm not sure why you're considering it. Per KEH - AS IS - " Means useable for parts only. Item may or may not work. No warranty or return privilege." Now why do you think a company who prides themselves on accurate ratings and already offers a bargain rating for working items would put anything but parts in this category?
Well, they've always been conservative in their ratings. These are being offered untested without battery and charger. Worst case, I put them back on Fleabay and see what they get as a set. At least I'll be able to tell them why it doesn't work if that's the case.

Sent from my [device_name] using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

How much will the battery & charger cost?

I've not had good luck with KEH as others. I don't buy from them anymore because of the hassle to return. I've bought flash's, couple lens, and one body, sent them all back. One flash was returned, then they sent another, returned, then another, returned. I raised a white flag after that. I think they are so big for used that they just don't have the man power to check their goods out.

I'm not too thrilled with KEH either but for other reasons. They killed the "little guy" used camera business here in Southern California (and probably the whole country) by greedily sucking up all the used gear and, in the process, paying the previous owners less than what the little guy dealers would. So everybody lost (except KEH).

Most reactions

Back