Ken Rockwell guide

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I read his guide for the d90 half way and I love it. I want a mobile version on my iPhone so I am about to buy it in the AppStore. Before I do does anyone recommend a better guide for the iPhone?

Opening up a can of worms....

;P

(I use Ken's iPhone app for the D5000, I personally find it useful as a menu reference etc.. That's about all I'll go into about Ken R.)

He does have some good info, but he's more of a salesman that a professional in my opinion. I understand pushing a product you believe in, but most of his website comes off him trying to make a buck from the internet, not from photography.

And his writing just oozes elitist douchebag. That's just my opinion though :)

Damn I really wish I had read his guide before buying my D3000

Ken knows everything about photography.... just ask him.

I do not understand why you would need a mobile version of this "guide". All it does is tell you what settings he uses. You can set your camera up just like him in the comfort of your own home. The better solution would be to find out WHY he chooses the settings he does, and WHAT the other options do for your photography. With this information, you will not need a mobile guide, you will be able to use your own brain and adapt to any situation that may come while out shooting.

A comprehensive reading of the user manual and a few solid hours of hands on trial and error will serve you much better in the long run.

p!nK

Just try to ignore his take on the stock market...... :)

Some of his information is viable, but you have to be able to sift through the BS, reading his work is kinda like watching the news, you know theres truth in there somewhere... but you gotta find it.

He's old school, elitist, and closed minded. Which on some issues, I don't think he's wrong. Point is you can't take his word as law, read others and learn more, make up your own mind. I do agree with some of his conclusions though, as well as see a lot of sales pitches.

Most reactions

Back