Kids potraits C&C please

pony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a pop up bounce flash on my camera, but nothing else so I am trying to get good pics with only natural light.
The only photo editing I have it through picnik, so I played around with these 2 images of my friends' kids. I'm posting before and afters of both.
Is the stuff I did to them too much? Are they all horrible?
Any advice would be much appreciated
TIA
3982090058_1ff49da6ce_b.jpg

3981413653_277a1337e5_b.jpg

3932310708_4f57bfbbf3_b.jpg

3982009280_77d8c498ef_b.jpg

l

Last edited:
They look so nice. Great pics.

They both look angelic in the edited versions. What did you do to make them look like that?

It seem like the flash is a bit too strong, it's diffuse so that good but it's too contrasty to the rest of the picture in my opinion. I like the composition in the first shot though.

I love the soft focus.
pop up flash doesn't flatter the images and at times makes things worst. On the market there are 3rd party flashes that can and often do with TTL with specific camera and are cheaper then the brand ones.
Good Luck

how did you get that soft look??

They both look angelic in the edited versions. What did you do to make them look like that?

In picnik I used Orton-ish. It's not fancy, but it did almost what I was trying to do

It seem like the flash is a bit too strong, it's diffuse so that good but it's too contrasty to the rest of the picture in my opinion. I like the composition in the first shot though.

I am not sure I used the flash on either of these, but I will keep that in mind. Pic #2 was in the brightest house I have ever been in! I may as well have been shooting outside in full sun

I love the soft focus.
pop up flash doesn't flatter the images and at times makes things worst. On the market there are 3rd party flashes that can and often do with TTL with specific camera and are cheaper then the brand ones.
Good Luck

Thanks. I have exactly zero money right now, so I am stuck working only with what I already own. I am saving up for some classes and some basic equipment.

how did you get that soft look??

Orton-ish in Picnik.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back