Kind of an "emotional" portrait...

Vaporous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melisjphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really wasn't sure to post in the black & white or the general section so forgive me. I took this of my husband (I really need more subjects). Other than a little off center I really liked it. He was a bit frustrated too, and he looks like it-lol. Thanks for looking, C&C welcome

SHOESY2.jpg

No problem, and thanks, also! I do love the whole dirt under the fingernails effect, too. Makes it all rough and manly. =]

He had just got done working on his car (hense the dirty nails and hands) so his frustration was very present and here I was "let me take a pic"!!! :lol:

LOL Yeah. I keep trying to get the bf to let me take pictures of him for practice. That's like pulling teeth!

Edit: Dumb question.. total noob.. what did you use (program) to get the "background" of the picture? (The black boarder)

LOL Yeah. I keep trying to get the bf to let me take pictures of him for practice. That's like pulling teeth!

Edit: Dumb question.. total noob.. what did you use (program) to get the "background" of the picture? (The black boarder)

My husband does my post process in Corel. I photograph and then manipulate my ideas to him to do in post process . He will get online today or tomorrow and I'll let him explain the process. He's a graphic engineer so this is fun stuff:wink: but there are many on here that will shed some light as well. As far as the background its just a plain dark drape ( with the right ISO, lighting,) framing I'm not too sure of but I'll let him post. Really I just do what I know and thats photography and I'm learning how to do photoshopping programs:)

Oooh, ok. I don't know much with the photo shopping myself, just minimal stuff.

*tries to type through the flash spots in her eyes* *blinks* Bf was camera happy and now I can't see. LOL

Anyway, Graphic Engineer sounds like a fun job! I'll be goin' to college for Digital Imaging, I should really brush up on this stuff, eh? :sexywink:

I like this one too. Can I suggest a bit of a boost in the contrast, as it looks a little flat here. You could sort the off centre look in the crop if you wanted, though I don't think he's sitting entirely symetrically anyway, so it may not work as well as you might think.

Great shot, I want to be able to produce work like this some day.

Billy

Most reactions

Back