Kind of shocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I love this place. New member rants, cliques, bandwagon cliches (ex: Understanding Exposure), the "Hi, I just bought a D3100 and am a professional" threads <---I absolutely love those trainwrecks and then we get a little sensibility thrown in with informative posts by KmH and Derrel (also good at the snark). The only thing missing is someone getting stuffed into a locker.

MLeek- if this place is nasty you haven't been around many internet forums. It ebbs and flows. The only constant is the guaranteed "What camera is best for me" thread starting daily. Stick around, post less and figure out what role you want to play on this forum. Plus, by keeping this forum at the top of the search rankings, it keeps newbies from infiltrating other photography boards. :lol:

This is why I love this place. New member rants, cliques, bandwagon cliches (ex: Understanding Exposure), the "Hi, I just bought a D3100 and am a professional" threads <---I absolutely love those trainwrecks and then we get a little sensibility thrown in with informative posts by KmH and Derrel (also good at the snark). The only thing missing is someone getting stuffed into a locker.

MLeek- if this place is nasty you haven't been around many internet forums. It ebbs and flows. The only constant is the guaranteed "What camera is best for me" thread starting daily. Stick around, post less and figure out what role you want to play on this forum. Plus, by keeping this forum at the top of the search rankings, it keeps newbies from infiltrating other photography boards. :lol:

Tee, it just so happens that I am available to do a locker-stuffing after sixth period on Monday; make sure you've got your locker cleaned out and all those empty Big Gulp cups cleared out. Mmmkay?

I have seen forums that would make this one look like all sweetness and light! lol!

There are a few here that love to tear you down.... and there are some that will tear you down, and then give some constructive advice on how to fix what they were blasting you for.

Not too many of the nice, life is wonderful types here that never say anything negative... although there are a lot of wonderful people. Honesty is sometimes harsh when you may not want to hear it.. and you have to remember that most feedback is an opinion, that you can take or leave. Stick around.. have fun.. that's that ticket!

As the lovely Miss Emily stated, use the IGNORE function... weed out the bad ones.
You see, I just chalk the tear you down and then tell you how to fix as constructive criticism. I thought that's the way CC worked. You point out what's rigtt then what's wrong and how to fix it.

And yep, I am a canon "fangirl" but I by no means think Canon is superior to the rest of the world's cameras. It's just what I am married to and what works best FOR ME. There have been days I have seriously considered swapping it all, but unfortunately there's no money tree nearby. If there was I'd be on the pre-order list for the 1Dx and then I'd tell you how superior it is.

The ebb and flow and all that is expected. What shocks me is that it is ALLOWED here. You can do and say whatever you want with no manners or common courtesy. It's worse than a pack of Army wives having high tea.

I can't say as I have had a run in or anything, I am just surprised at how people have treated others here. I reserve the right to disagree with anyone-in a RESPECTFUL manner.

Then again... I probably should just take a good hard look at the state of the world today.

I am a canon "fangirl"

WHOOPS! :lol: Forgive me... for some reason this whole time I thought you were a dude... NOTED.

The ebb and flow and all that is expected. What shocks me is that it is ALLOWED here. You can do and say whatever you want with no manners or common courtesy. It's worse than a pack of Army wives having high tea.

Now that I know you're a chick... are you engaged or married? Have you ever visited Wedding Dresses and Engagements - TheKnot.com or Home Buying Help - How To - Home Decorating Ideas - Free Recipes - TheNest.com

Now THOSE b*tches are worse than a pack of Army wives having high tea...

You think THIS is bad?

I think I have a total of 8 posts there before I said, "Eff this... these bishes be CRAZY as bat guano!"

MEAN. RUDE. ANTAGONISTIC.... doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

If there are "mean girls" of the internet... it would be them.

They torture new members or anyone they think is "stupid" for the fun of it.

Luckily I found a "friendlier" version of the wedding and married life forums elsewhere, but THIS? This ain't nothin'. :lol:

EDIT: WTF? Why did my links turn into that description sh*t? I didn't do that... -.-

I am a canon "fangirl"

WHOOPS! :lol: Forgive me... for some reason this whole time I thought you were a dude... NOTED.

Now that I know you're a chick... are you engaged or married? Have you ever visited Wedding Dresses and Engagements - TheKnot.com or Home Buying Help - How To - Home Decorating Ideas - Free Recipes - TheNest.com

Now THOSE b*tches are worse than a pack of Army wives having high tea...

You think THIS is bad?

I think I have a total of 8 posts there before I said, "Eff this... these bishes be CRAZY as bat guano!"

MEAN. RUDE. ANTAGONISTIC.... doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

If there are "mean girls" of the internet... it would be them.

They torture new members or anyone they think is "stupid" for the fun of it.

Luckily I found a "friendlier" version of the wedding and married life forums elsewhere, but THIS? This ain't nothin'. :lol:

EDIT: WTF? Why did my links turn into that description sh*t? I didn't do that... -.-

Married! 17 years this coming January.
I can't imagine what the forums you listed would even look like. They are all a bunch of kids. I know I was completely immature and just plain stupid back when I got married. I knew it all then. And then senility set in and I forgot everything I knew. But my kids seem to know it all now!

I agree that this is just about the most unprofessional forum I have ever seen and I run a student forum.

I agree that this is just about the most unprofessional forum I have ever seen and I run a student forum.

You've clearly never ever seen Steam forums ;)

One of the other worst ones I encountered was a camping forum for trailers. Any time you even mentioned towing some one would read you the riot act on weight distribution, load balancing and sway control. I mentioned once that I was going to carry a canoe and the thread when into an argument about towing capacity of minivans when I'm way under my towing capacity.

This forum needs to stop scaring away new people as it will die a quick death if it keeps doing it. There are several other forums that have lots of traffic and I'm sure, like I have, they will find them and then they have other options for questions, support and critiques.

@Overread, I can imagine that steam forums have the same problem but worse as they are probably full of old crotchety men;) I have to say though at a local steam show here I encountered nothing but really nice old guys that owned and operated the equipment. Was a lot of fun speaking with them as they are passionate about what they do.

wahmbulance.jpg

My advice to you after reading this thread and another is to learn to live w/ the forum the way it is or move on. You will not be the voice of reason for the members or change them. You seem to have an idea how you want to represent yourself and that is the only thing you have control over. Some how find peace w/ that and just enjoy yourself.

Oh good! This thread is open so we can continue the bitchfest here. Sweet!

I'm on break. Actually, I have been cleaning all day. This place gets messy.

You can watch me laser weld new prongs if you are bored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back