King Kong shot (may not be SFW)

TJPhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From a recent shoot...

There actually isn't that much processing here, most of this effect was from lighting, baby oil etc and makeup. I was going for a "King Kong" type of look here. I wish I could figure out to reproduce the "Lith processing" from film days, but I have tried and haven't had much luck. I love the lith effect:

Image_0803.jpg

Here's another from the same shoot:

Image_0777.jpg

Polite CC&C welcome as always, Thanx

Thanks

Interesting stuff, but you chopped the poor girl off at the ankles on the first shot, then at the knees. And she lost part of her hand in both shots.

That is some good material to work with, though. I would watch the framing/cropping and go from there.

JD

JD was right....dont crop off at a joint, they look like they've lost a limb!

the skin colour seems way off in the first one, sorry,

#2 the skin colour is better, but perhaps drop the saturation just a touch and her skin will be less blotchy...the picture is has great potential....crop her to mid thigh.

I disagree with emogirl about the skin color. That is the latest craze in the industry now. Metallic look is cool! I do agree about the limbs being chopped off. In the first image: I would re-shoot it with her legs spread to the poles to match her arms. Kool stuff!

I disagree with emogirl about the skin color. That is the latest craze in the industry now. Metallic look is cool! I do agree about the limbs being chopped off. In the first image: I would re-shoot it with her legs spread to the poles to match her arms. Kool stuff!

Thanks for the comments!

I played around with different crops in #1, and they just didn't have the same effect. THe full body wasn't close up enough. She actually isn't cropped at the joints (which is a huge no-no of course), it's high enough in #1 to be compositionally acceptable. And, she's not cropped at the knee in #2.

Thanks again

You were going for a king kong type look but in the first image the girl looks thoroughly bored. In King Kong she was struggling, screaming and trying to get away.
The only similarity to King Kong is the method of tying the girl.

The crop has already been mentioned.

In the second image her legs seem a bit off colour - possibly light fade or less make up but they look a bit more "blotchy" than the rest of her skin which is a nice golden colour.

You were going for a king kong type look but in the first image the girl looks thoroughly bored.

It was a knock off, not a replica. The effect we were going for was for her to look exhausted and in peril. I've thought of adding tears, maybe that would help.

The crop has already been mentioned.

And addressed...

In the second image her legs seem a bit off colour - possibly light fade

Light fade woudln't cause blotchiness; her legs were that way in other shots too. I softened them and edited them just a bit to make it less obvious

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back