Kitten on pause...

rylos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
jesskitty3sml3gm.jpg

Got lucky with the timing on this one.
Closeup shows reflection of photographer in kitten's eye, which reminds me of how photographs are a fleeting moment that got frozen, as the little bugger was in the middle of a trot when she paused just long enough to turn and give me a quick look, then was on her way again. (aparrently the front of the zoom lens looks really BIG to a kitten). The actual photo shows more subtle coloration towards the bottom of the image, which connects the graphic on the bottom with the rest of the image. In this poor scan it doesn't seem to fit. I like how the kitten's face stands out in sharp focus, while the rest of the image seems to retreat into the background.
kittyeyeball3rp.jpg

He Rylos, and welcome to the forum!

This is an interesting manner to scan a photo -- it looks like you took a photo of that print as it was lying on a table really.

I can still appreciate all you are describring about the print: the kitten - which in itself is still so little and therefore so cute that it just has to attract attention! - being so "frozen in time", so sharp against the background, and backlit on top of everything else, making its face, whiskers, little hairs on its ears and fur stand out... a very endearing photo. And despite the backlight, the face is not too dark - well exposed so that the hot spot in the top corner is not too distracting.

Most reactions

Back