Kodak to bring back Ektar film.

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kodak has reintroduced Ektar film after an 11-year hiatus. Developed with nature, travel, fashion and product photographers in mind, Kodak Professional Ektar 100 sets out to be the finest grained color negative film on the market and a complement to the existing Portra line.

I am sure this will make a few people very happy! In a couple weeks I am going to go look around locally for a few rolls for my dad and his Nikon F2. :)

Uh.. it's been out since last October... or maybe not in Canada?

Now can someone grab some Kodak exec really hard by the nuts and not let go till they bring back HIE too? :(

Not only has it been available for some time in 35mm, next month Kodak are releasing it in 120. It is said to have the same or even less grain than the old Ektar 25, so the results with medium format should be spectacular.

Kevin

Now can someone grab some Kodak exec really hard by the nuts and not let go till they bring back HIE too? :(
If that would have worked, he'd have been speaking in a high-pitched voice long ago and we'd still have the product. :thumbup:

However, this film is an admirable replacement. You may want to give it a try.

Uh.. it's been out since last October... or maybe not in Canada?

Likely the Canada excuse. I had to order it after running and calling around to a good 10 places. He gets it next week. :)

I finally got some of this and shot a roll of it last week. Haven't shot much for color over the last few years, but this trumps anythign else I've used. I can see myself buying a big 20 roll brick and using it as my bright summer day street photography film.

I dig the exposure latitude as well.

A few more images from the Ektar 100 on my web site.

My dad's been happily futzing with it... mostly things like his vehicles, the house, family members (nothing profound for sure). He is enjoying it and I may have to order a few more rolls before the summer is over. I am so not a film guy but if that is what my dad enjoys, Father's Day is going to show him getting all kinds of things, one of which may be 20-30 rolls of this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back