Kodak Z980? Should I wait for it?

Wildlife girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone heard about the Kodak Z980 that will be coming out in the Spring?

It is a point and shoot with 24x zoom and wide angle lens! From the details I've read it sounds like a really good camera, and here I was going to buy the Panasonic FZ28 tomorrow. Now I don't know what to do!

I need to have the camera for a trip to Alaska in June, and I need plenty of time to learn how to use it. Who knows what "Spring" means as far as a release date. And, then, of course, I won't really know how good of a camera it is.

Here's a link about the camera: Kodak delivers Z980 24x megazoom, M380 point-and-shoot cameras - Engadget

If anyone has an opinion about this, I would be thrilled to hear it! Maybe you've had experience with earlier models?

Thanks!

Answering my own question, should I wait for it? No.

Maybe it will turn out to be a fantastic camera, but in my situation, I won't have the time to find out before I would have to buy, and that won't work for me.

Anyway, I still have a feeling the Panasonic Lumix FZ28 will be better, we'll see. But, I feel very comfortable buying the Panasonic, and that's what matters.

But, I'd love to hear opinions, if you have any, of what you think this camera might be like. I'm not familiar with Kodak's current line, so I don't have any idea if they are doing well with their current cameras or not.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back