Kodak?

ksmattfish

Here Here, I'm right there with ya. But I like the delta line over T-max (the only thing I'll miss is Tech-Pan)

i wont miss kodak at all, i am die hard for Fuji color and Ilford B&W,

kodak doesn't really care about customers, they were just there for begginers, and anyone else who were just going for the big name.

I recently bought three Kodak 35 cameras from the 1940s. In anticipation of losing Leicas and so on when war broke out Kodak took a scale focus camera and put a rangefinder on it and add enough knobs and bumps to make a witch's face happy. It's such an ugly camera I love it. They say the lens is pretty good and Kodak claimed it had more lenses available than Leica. I'll have to run some film through it. No Kodak film this time, though.

Wow. Digging up a 12-year-old thread..........

zombiethread.jpg

It's not your fault. It's their fault for not evolving with the times.
No reason a company should last forever. Their time is past and perhaps it is their turn to go quietly into the night.

It's not your fault. It's their fault for not evolving with the times.
No reason a company should last forever. Their time is past and perhaps it is their turn to go quietly into the night.

Uhmmm...you've got it backwards: they invented digital photography. They were ahead of the times! There was no application for digital photographs in 1990, as hardly anyone had personal computers back then. Film was also very profitable. You could have all the greatest digital cameras in the world, but without the internet and inexpensive computers it would be useless.

There was no application for digital photographs in 1990, as hardly anyone had personal computers back then.
What. The. WHAT ???????

Personal computers came up at the end of the 1970s/early 1980s.

In the 1990s, everyone had one. Heck, even I had a 386, and I was a poor student back then.

At the end of the 1990s, Netscape and the internet aka World Wide Web gained speed.

zombiethread.jpg

I think people who have such a problem with this would be better served to contact the forum management to delete threads after a certain period time instead of posting silly pictures.

A lot of good information is contained in old threads and new members shouldn't be afraid to post in those threads if they have something to say simply because it irks someone.

There was no application for digital photographs in 1990, as hardly anyone had personal computers back then.
What. The. WHAT ???????

In the 1990s, everyone had one. Heck, even I had a 386, and I was a poor student back then.

At the end of the 1990s, Netscape and the internet aka World Wide Web gained speed.

In the late 90s, yes, but not in 1991! Very few people had them. Not until the internet was widely available did digital photography have any utility.

I brought a 286 with SVGA graphics for home use in the early 90s (and had a 80186 IBM coprocessor to run IBM software before getting the 286).
I even remember buying a shareware floppy with a digital photo on it (the image was called 'Lush' and showed a botanical garden somewhere).

Graphics were definitely limited back then, the PC at work had EGA graphics - IIRC limited to 16 colours. Even the Super VGA cards were often limited to 256 colours at 1068*768.

Several of my current images wouldn't fit on my early hard drives either (I think my first HDDs were 10MB, 40MB & 100MB). this would have been a major restriction on the popularity of digital photos at the time :)

zombiethread.jpg

I think people who have such a problem with this would be better served to contact the forum management to delete threads after a certain period time instead of posting silly pictures.

A lot of good information is contained in old threads and new members shouldn't be afraid to post in those threads if they have something to say simply because it irks someone.

I wonder if you realize the absolute, sheer irony and duplicity of your post.

What. The. WHAT ???????

In the late 90s, yes, but not in 1991! Very few people had them. Not until the internet was widely available did digital photography have any utility.
Interesting.
Your computer today did not exist back then.

But we certainly had personal computers back then
The commodore PET, Radio Shack TR-80, Apple ][+, //e, original IBM PC (and the onslaught of many clones), the original MacIntoshes and many others were widely available back in the 1980s, much less the 1990s. IBM tried to steal back the PC design with their MCA bus in the late 80's only to loose more market share.

My first digital camera was a Kodak DC50 which connected to the computer I had back then which was a PC clone 8086 w/turbo mode.

But as with Digital cameras, the full sized PC was more expensive when initially released. Matter of fact a IBM PC with dual SS floppy disc drives and monochrome monitor cost mutiples of a lower cost laptop nowadays when it first came out. It was the same with the initial digital cameras.

I guess it all depends upon your definition of "very few people had them"
Just like you can say very few people had smart phones 10 years ago because the product was in it's infancy with Palm dominating the market.

Back in the mid 80's at the University we had the Merit Internet (not WorldWideWeb) as we could communicate to schools (and gov't agencies) around the world.

of course, it wasn't until Al Gore came around and invented everything that we got to where we are today :) LOL

Most reactions

Back