La Luna in Total Eclipse

NightRyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just joined the forum and posted one of my first HDR shots (Long Pine Key Lake in the Everglades). That shot was taken in the early morning hours after a night at the telescope imaging the total lunar eclipse on 4/15/14. I have been shooting astrophotography for 7 years, however, as I was just gaining interest in HDR, I decided to attempt an HDR shot of the Totality. This image was a bracket of 3 sub exposures all at iso100 shot with a T3i through a Newtonian Astrograph at f/3.9 and 800mm, the 3 exposures 1/30 of a second, 1/2 of a second and 2 seconds. The 2 second exposure had the moon completely blown out, but that is how I was able to capture the surrounding stars. This was the second total lunar eclipse that I have imaged, and I must admit that I am quite pleased with my HDR attempt. This turned out far superior to my 2010 attempt using single exposures...

$Total Lunar Eclipse 2014 (Upload).jpg

Man this is a great photo as well. I wanted to get out and shoot this but there were clouds in my area that night :( But anyways. Keep up the good work and keep posting here!

Again, thank you Spikey! Yeah, the night was forecast to be cloudy here in South Florida as well, but I said screw it and just went deep into the Everglades and set up. Around 12:30am, the sky cleared, just as the moon began entering the Earths shadow. Stayed clear for me all night. Sorry you missed it, but fortunately there will be another on October 8th of this year and yet another in early April of 2015.

Beautiful!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back