jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My granddaughter said to me, "Look at the moon, grandpa!" It was this beautiful golden color, and I knew I had to try and get a shot of it with the new GE2020 pic-o-matic toaster over and camera and the new Sigma lens...

f/11 1/2000 ISO 12800 at 600mm
feb18202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

My granddaughter said to me, "Look at the moon, grandpa!" It was this beautiful golden color, and I knew I had to try and get a shot of it with the new GE2020 pic-o-matic toaster over and camera and the new Sigma lens...

f/11 1/2000 ISO 12800 at 600mm
feb18202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
Looks like your GE2020 pic-o-matic was set for lightly browned.
Good picture.

Nice Moon.....
Thanks!
-

Did you know, Jeff, that if you have the chance to shoot a
few full Moons you can observe its wobble on the orbit?
Yep. I was hoping to get a full moon tonight, but clouds are moving in, and we'll have cloud cover for the next week, so no full moon shots this month.
Looks like your GE2020 pic-o-matic was set for lightly browned.
Good picture.
Yes, it did. :D Thanks! The AI in the PP software wanted to make the moon bright white, but it was actually that brownish-golden color, so I had to fight the software to keep the color.

I haven't shot the moon since college days!

Excellent shot. Very sharp and detailed. I'm guessing the warm tone is from atmospheric effects. Supposedly the moon's surface is actually dark gray.

Excellent shot. Very sharp and detailed. I'm guessing the warm tone is from atmospheric effects. Supposedly the moon's surface is actually dark gray.
Thanks! Yes. It was relatively low in the sky to the East, and had this very nice toasted color to it. I would have missed it, if it hadn't been for my granddaughter. Was hoping to catch the full moon, but clouds have moved in.

I'm envious of that 600mm lens. Best I have is 300mm, and it's not exceptionally fast.

Most reactions

Back