Lacey's now a senior...

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lacey asked me to shoot her "senior pictures" since I had helped her a couple years ago put together a portfolio for modeling....

She is the daughter of a friend of mine who's one of my photography students as well, so not only were we shooting Lacey's pictures we were having a class on portraiture.

I honestly don't know much about senior pictures (I am not a professional photographer, I just shoot what I like) but she showed me basically the kind of stuff that she wanted and I did what I could. Here are a few (and no, before anybody asks, that's ORDINARY ivy not poison ivy):

p1102881494-3.jpg

p1102892188-3.jpg

p1102861480-3.jpg

p1102059472-3.jpg

p1102059214-3.jpg

p1102861098-4.jpg

#1 Very nice! Nice pose, lighting, frame. Crappy confused distracting background. Where is it written that HS students must have their picture in less than stellar surroundings? Must be a teen thing, and a newlywed thing.

#2 quite nice except for the tree
#3 Not a fan of #3
#4 nice changeup in pose
#5 I'm guessing that the subject likes it
#6 Very nice!

Where are the pictures that her parents like?

Where are the pictures that her parents like?

Her mom likes these. We will do formal inside ones (aka traditional studio ones) later.

Wow these are nice. Lovely in fact.

She's a high school senior? Yeesh. Looks more mature than my wife.

Is there some sort of texture on top of #5? It looks odd and damaged in the small size, maybe it looks good big?

These are nice professional looking images (which is to say that I don't much like them, stylistically, but they're technically solid and in a style that a) you were going for and b) you nailed pretty much exactly ;)

Well done!

Those first portrait oriented ones-you have filled the whole frame. Not going to work when you print a wallet or an 8x10 and those are the most popular sizes for seniors.

Most of these seem too tightly-framed...she could use just a bit more space above her head.

Those first portrait oriented ones-you have filled the whole frame. Not going to work when you print a wallet or an 8x10 and those are the most popular sizes for seniors.

Just remembered I did these... they are cropped for the web, the originals are made so they can be in any aspect ratio, 4x5, 2x3, 5x7, 1x1 etc... there's plenty of headroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back