What's new

Ladybugs (A lot)

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
4,387
Reaction score
73
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I see a lot of insect photos on this forum, so I thought I would share this shot. There were literally thousands of ladybugs in these clumps of grass. I've heard of this before, but never seen it, the photo is a little dark, but it started raining right after this and I didn't want to risk my new camera to get a better shot. :)



ladybugs.jpg


-
 
Good God! to begin with I thought the ladybirds were flowers on the end of the grass. There sure are a lot of the critters there!
 
Holy ladybugs! There's so many it's actually kinda gross! (The bugs I mean, not the pic). I've never seen anything like that!
 
Raymond J Barlow said:
those are chinese flys.. (not sure of the exact name) and they have a mean sting! watch out for them!
Actually these little bugs are harmless, except to other insects. Farmers and gardners use them to control Aphid infestations. I looked them up on the internet, this is the common and scientific name.

Convergent Ladybug Beetle
Hippodamia convergens

What's a chinese fly? do they look similar?
 
they look the same, only eat with chopsticks

Great pic, never seen so many ladybugs in one place.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom