Lambing

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We've got a couple other lambs in the barn, but it's much darker in there and my pictures of them aren't great. This one, however, was rejected by his mother and we have been bottle feeding him. He also doesn't have a mother to keep him warm out there so he has been staying in a dog crate in the house.

My girlfriend was annoyed I was taking pictures of her, and this is one of the few where she doesn't have her head turned.
newborn lamb by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

newborn lamb by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

And here is Atilla, our two-month old sheepdog
Our sheepdog, Atilla by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

And here's one from my phone when we were warming him up after having him out in the barn with the rest of the flock
Warming up our bottle-fed lamb by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

Adorable, especially the one of him curled up in the chair.

So cute!

Seems to me like the orphan came out ahead in the end... comfy chair, warm fire, attractive babylamb-sitter....

Seems to me like the orphan came out ahead in the end... comfy chair, warm fire, attractive babylamb-sitter....
I know eh? We tried to get him and his mother to bond, but he was at least as uninterested as she was! He's smarter than he looks I guess because he will be a tough one to eat. Maybe we can find someone who wants a pet lawnmower!

Cute. I did not realize they could be pet like.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cute. I did not realize they could be pet like.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Domesticated ewes and wethers (castrated rams) are pretty docile, which one reason why sheepdogs are required.

Uncastrated rams, on the other hand, are gross and should probably stay in the field at all times.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back