Landscape HDR with my New D7100.

Perfectimo!

It's a nice shot but I'm curious on the details - how many frames w/settings ?? Did you do the HDR composite in camera ? if so did you do same out of camera to test the results? I just picked my D7100 up a few days ago and haven't had a chance to go out with it.

It's a nice shot but I'm curious on the details - how many frames w/settings ?? Did you do the HDR composite in camera ? if so did you do same out of camera to test the results? I just picked my D7100 up a few days ago and haven't had a chance to go out with it.

I have the same questions.

I used the the built-in HDR feature and set the HDR strength at "High". Shot the image in the Shutter priority and metered with caemra as well.

Does this answer the question?

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D7100
Lens: 10.5 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2013-06-01
Focal Length: 10.5mm (35mm equivalent: 10mm)
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.0003 s (1/3200)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Copyright: XPERTSS PHOTOGRAPHY
Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 (Windows)

I used the the built-in HDR feature and set the HDR strength at "High". Shot the image in the Shutter priority and metered with caemra as well.

Does this answer the question?

Cool, I honestly didn't know about the built in HDR feature. I'm going to check it out torrow.

Is it just the way the composition is, or does anyone else see a fair bit of barrel distortion?

Don't get me wrong, I like the shot, just looks like there's some barrel distortion to me.

Yes, only down side is that you have to go in to the settings and change from raw or raw+jpeg to JPEG only in order to use the HDR feature.

Tailgunner said:
Cool, I honestly didn't know about the built in HDR feature. I'm going to check it out torrow.

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D7100
Lens: 10.5 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2013-06-01

EDL, I shot this with a fisheye lens and manually flatten it using Lightroom. I kind of like the minimal barrel distortion and didn't want to flat the image all the way.

Thanks

Is it just the way the composition is, or does anyone else see a fair bit of barrel distortion?

Don't get me wrong, I like the shot, just looks like there's some barrel distortion to me.

Some of the shadows are blocked or still under exposed, a typical limitation of in-camera HDR.
Nikon's HDR uses just 2 exposures. Choosing the HDR Strength determines the difference in the exposure between the 2 shots.

Coupled with the limitation of using JPEG instead of Raw files, the in-camera HDR feature is like the other in-camera JPEG image settings like contrast, saturation, and sharpening - pretty crude.

To see if the feature is worthwhile it would have been nice to see a comparison hdr done with stand alone software - letting the camera think which is best might not be so good

Does the d7000 have the HDR 'mode'? I looked in my manual and didn't see it. Not a loss as I am not ready for it yet, but curious.
N

no nancy not in d7000 but it's new in the d7100

Most reactions

Back